Which one is the best coach(with a twist)?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by emong, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Or the most desperate.

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

except.. fisher wasn't the one who chose his QB.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. emong

emong Rookie

I can do that(Here are some Superbowl winning coaches without a stud QB in the salary cap era):

Brian Billick CWP 56%
    John Gruden CWP 54%
    Bill Parcells CWP 57%
    Dick Vermeil CWP 52%

Look I am not a die hard Fisher supporter but if you have to make an informed decision before you make a change and look at the whole picture. Being a head coach in the NFL is really hard specially without a good QB

4. Illegal Hit

Illegal Hit Starter

Fish wanted Leinart.

I think Bud save us on that one.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

That was a different era, even the Ravens had one of the best defenses of all time to win without an elite QB. Go back 20 years and about 18 of those winners had elite QBs. The rules have changed a lot

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

First off The Titans could have gone 2-14 and I'm fairly sure Fisher still would still be here,
    And Vince needed to be benched against Pittsburgh. He was thoroughly shellshocked by their defense and to the dismay of many here Collins made a game of it.
    Either most of the folks here are young'ns or just have bad memories because pulling an ineffective QB in a game was commonplace before the day of the megacontract. The next week your starter was right back in the saddle.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm just saying you can distort stats into whatever you want them to prove. I know there are stats out there that make Fisher look like a God and some that expose him as .500 Fisher.

8. emong

emong Rookie

Top 10 coaches in the NFL by winning percentage(all but one coached without a salary cap):

1 Vince Lombardi 74%
    2 John Madden 73%
    3 George Allen 68%
    4 Blanton Collier 67%
    5 George Halas 67%
    6 Don Shula 67%
    7 Ray Flaherty 66%
    8 George Seifert 65%
    9 Tony Dungy 64%
    10 Joe Gibbs 62%

Chuck Noll 57%

9. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Not to nit-pick, but 4 of those guys (Seifert, Dungy, Gibbs, Shula for 2 years) had the cap. The cap started in 1994. I guess Seifert and Gibbs saw both eras.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Great coaches create great QBs because they have the ability to create a scheme to utilize their talents. I have no doubt Brady would never be who he is now if he's had Fisher as his coach.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar