Which free agents should the Titans try to obtain?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

I don't think there is a chance anyone could get DMurray for 3-4 mil.

2. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

I also wouldn't mind going for Orakpo, and even Greg Hardy even though he may be a piece of crap. LOL

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd take Orakpo, but pass on Hardy. Orakpo (if healthy, which he likely wont be) could be a STEAL.

4. xpmar9x

I doubt we'd get Murray at that price. However, Mark Ingram would be obtainable at a 3y/12m deal.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Hardy McCourty Polamalu and draft Williams would certainly give us an identity on defense I think. I don't expect Polamalu to be very good but him and stafford should be sufficient for SS. Too bad I don't see the Pats letting go of McCourty.

I don't think Ingram or Murray would be available for only 4 million a year.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

No not at $3M, but I was thinking slightly more than $4M and maybe.

Last year the top FA RB only got about $4M, I expect that to be the market for the top RB. Murray maybe pushes that number up some but not by a ton.

7. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

who was the top FA RB last year? Was he as productive as Murray?

8. xpmar9x

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Sadly Chris Johnson was at 2-yr $8M

and clearly thats a no in the production department to Murray.

But thats the thing, most of those RB contracts turned out bad for the clubs. I can't see Murray getting much more than Johnson did for 2 reasons 1.) RB shelf life is the lowest of any, and 2.) the supply at RB is just too good to overpay a year older RB with high millage.

Dont get me wrong, I think Murray is a fantastic RB, had him on half my FF teams, but the value just isn't there, he will for a fact have a down year without that Cowboys line paving the way.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Devin McCourty. He didn't get tagged.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar