Which free agents should the Titans try to obtain?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Who ever said anything about triple or quadruple their salary? These are players that we can sign that's good depth for us. We cant sign 4 superstars. We might be only able to sign 1. We need solid players to add as well. These are them. We do not have good players, why keep playing them. You need to get your head out of the clouds or you are going to be severely disappointed with FA comes around.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Houston, Worlids, Orakpo, Morgan, thats the order Id want us to address OLB in

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

Timing is the only thing that wont allow us to sign 4 stars, by the time youre on your way to see the 2nd guy he's already signed somewhere, thats what happened last year at CB, we just waited too long to sign a good one and missed out.

4. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

That and convening players to sign here. Money talks so its possible, but we will have to overpay for some. That's going to take most of our cap space quick. We have a lot of holes to fill. I rather sign 7/8 guys (2 pro bowlers and 5/6 solid starters) than just 3/4 superstars

5. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

WTF does this have to do with the OL? If anything, this shows that a some of the problems with pass protection is more on play calling/scheme than it is on the OL.

Maybe if Whiz threw some more quick passes or left some extra blockers in every once in a while, then we wouldn't have such a big problem with the OL.

Even if we address the OL in draft/FA, we are likely to have some of the same problems unless the scheme changes (because Whiz is making it very hard on his OL to block for the QB).

6. JCBRAVE

really?

7. Thaddeus43

Really what?

That shows how difficult is was for the OL to block ... you used that to say we had the worst OL in the league. That is not what that chart is saying at all

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Thaddeus43

Let me put it this way ... how does the OL affect any of those categories.

Does OL decide how may 3/5/7 step drops we call?

Does OL decide how many rollouts we run?

Does OL decide who is blocking on each play?

No ... Whiz decides all of that.

That has nothing to do with OL and everything to do with playcalling

9. JCBRAVE

again man, really?

execution, ever hear of that word?

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

So I'm a little confused by this...

I am glad to see they have us ranked as the worst OL in football. I said it all season. And I agree.

I also, along with many others, said the Cowboys had the best OL in the league. Yet PFF thinks they're the 7th worst OL? And the Jags have the 2nd best OL?

Either I'm missing something or PFF is as awful as I've said they are countless times.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar