Which free agents should the Titans try to obtain?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

People are on Webster for bringing in some mediocre free agents the last couple of seasons. Though I agree that he's done pretty bad, many of us have applauded his moves at the time they happened.

So let's get started and look at some of the players who might hit the market this year if they are not franchised or work out new deals with their current teams:

Ndamukong Suh
    Justin Houston
    Dez Bryant
    Demryius Thomas
    Darrelle Revis
    Julius Thomas
    Mike Iupati
    DeMarco Murray
    Jason Pierre-Paul
    Randall Cobb
    Greg Hardy
    Devin McCourty
    Jared Odrick
    Jerry Hughes
    Chris Harris
    Jason Worilds
    Cliff Avril
    Pernell McPhee
    Brian Orakpo
    Michael Crabtree
    Nick Fairley
    Jordan Cameron
    Jeremy Maclin
    Torrey Smith
    C.J. Spiller
    Brandon Flowers
    Ryan Mathews
    Mark Ingram
    Cecil Shorts
    Jabaal Sheard
    Mark Sanchez
    Brian Hoyer

Feel free to add others you think might be a good fit for the Titans.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

TJ, can we please get identifiers for those players that are rapists, wife beaters, drug addicts, bullies, or trouble makers in general ? Unfortunately we're going to have to wait about 4 years before we can categorize thieves, or more specifically those that steal crab legs.

• LOL LOL x 4
  3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

We need to ease up on the big name FAs. These are not the way to build a team. You bring in small market cheaper players at deals... While you draft and develope players.

We don't have one massive hole that a big name FA can fix.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

We need to stay away from the Suh talk. He doesn't fit our scheme and you can't pay the guy to be a 3-4 end, doesn't make since. I am going to go out on a limb here and say that JPP is going to bust HARD for the person he signs for.

I'd like to see us show interest in, and bring as many as we can in of.......

Justin Houston
    Jason Worilds

I'd prefer Houston, but either one would fill a big need and open up that #2 pick substantially. Would be the biggest move of the off season IMO.

Demryius Thomas
    Randall Cobb
    Dez Bryant

Getting any one of the three would be outstanding.

Stevan Ridley
    Ryan Mathews
    for the *right* price, could be a huge player for us. Did extremely well for Wiz when he was there.

Devin McCourty
    Nothing to do with Jason, simply cutting fat by getting rid of Griffin.

Brian Hoyer
    I said before I am not sold on Mett or CBJ, I think Hoyer has proven himself capable of leading a team with a good defense. Nothing more than a stop gap contract.

Bryan Bulaga
    Prefer not to count on Roos and just move on from Oher

Mike Iupati
    We need to atleast make Levitre uncomfortable even if we can't find a replacement.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I like McCourty, Crabtree for cheap, and Worilds. Sheard is also a good player.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I remember doing a full mock draft for the Titans years back... and I had us taking Worilds in the 4th round... he didn't even come close to falling that far though.

I'd like that signing... and I think it's more realistic that we bring in a guy like him rather than a big name guy.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Worilds is near the top of the realistic list. I think Pitt lets him walk and he won't command a mega deal that we may be hesitant to give out. He fits the scheme and comes from a winning franchise, maybe his attitude can rub off on the younger guys.

McCourty is probably my dream signing. One of the best Safeties in the game and maybe his brother Jason can convince him to pair up in Tennessee. This allows us to get rid of Griffin, who is just a big(ish) name at this point around Nashville.

Ryan Mathews would be a good RB to pair with Sankey and is familiar with Whiz's system.

JPP may be out of our price range but would be very interested to see him in this defense.

Almost any CB or OL would be fine with me as well, not going to be too picky on that front.

8. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

One name: Randall MF Cobb. Local guy and would be great for our younger guys. Returns kicks and punts, has great hands, speed, and size. Knows what it takes to win. GB cant sign everyone and I think he might test the market. Get him!

Orakpo would be a solid signing for us. He is in his prime and coming off a down year, his price will not be high.

Obviously we could use depth/starter at G, OT, S, CB

9. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

Let go of Whiffen, sign Devin McCourty. Would love to have both McCourty's on the team and I assume they would have great chemistry together

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

those same types are the ones hoisting Lombardy trophies each year. Nice guys finish last in this league.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar