Which excites you more in 08? (Offense or Defense)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, May 23, 2008.

?
  1. I'm more excited about our defense next season.

22 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. I'm more excited about our offense next season.

26 vote(s)
    54.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

PacMan was a great corner. He is not like Hester and Hall, who are great return men only. We wouldn't have gotten a 4th rounder if PacMan was just Devin Hester with a mile long rap sheet.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

A good corner is useless if he doesn't play.

3. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

But unlike Hester and Hall, Pac has shown that he can be a great corner, game-winning even (Second Jax game). Indeed, useless if inactive, but has shown more use than Hester and Hall in a role other than special teams.

4. halt

halt Starter

IMO, our offense will never be exciting like the Colts, Pats, or Chargers, because Fisher has stated many times he will run first, second and third, and throw only when there is no other option. He believes defense wins ball games, and if the team can't run the ball and defend, it is a losing team. "Eddie right, Eddie left, Eddie up the middle".

5. vslyke

Thanks. That was my point, that he had a use other than a kickoff man. And don't forget the Giants game.

6. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

Offense, I´m really excited about how VY turns out this year. This is it, whatever happens this year will give us a real indication of our qb potencial as a nfl qb. ROY was good, but we yet got to see him do great things and be consistant week in and week out. Lets see what happens with our new TE's corp.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I wouldn't call Pacman Jones a great corner, because he wasn't. He was good, but replaceable. Finnegan stepped in and did a fine job. Harper has done some good things....I just wouldn't say Pac is a great corner because we saw him play for two years and then boom, he's gone.

8. jmac1383

jmac1383 Guest

Our new OC will make the Offence exciting. Along with Cj, Crumpler, and Hawkins. I believe our D' will be good. I mean, I know it isn't perfect. But at the same time the image of Kearse, Hansworth, and KVB on the D-line- well, I just get this picture in my head of one hitting him on one side, one on the other and the 3rd taking off Payton's head.

9. vslyke

Don't forget that Pac didn't have the same D line to put pressure on the QB.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, he's done some great things.....for the opposing QB. if you ever need a long td to give your qb rating a boost, harper's there. if you're worried about breaking you consecutive attempts without an INT, harper's there.

but don't you dare try to run on that side, because he'll bite your ankle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar