Which current-gen console do you own

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Gunny, Jun 17, 2009.

?
  1. Microsoft X-Box 360

26 vote(s)
    59.1%
  2. Nintendo Wii

13 vote(s)
    29.5%
  3. Sony Playstation 3

16 vote(s)
    36.4%
  4. None/Previous Gen

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Gloat vs. Gunny, in a console forum no less - if only we could harness their argumentative merry go around into limitless energy ... think of the possibilities

2. onthemove

onthemove Guest

I picked the PS3 (20 gb upgraded to 500 gb!!). 360 is crap without the online fanbase, and most of the games end up on pc anyway. Trust me I've played them all, and Microsoft relies way too heavily on Live to sell.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^^^lol @ that. C'mon man... really.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Speaking of Xbox Live a new update is coming soon with these added features.

Express yourself! Deck your Avatar out with the latest clothing and props from the top brands and game franchises.

* Clothing – Download premium items, including branded apparel from your favorite fashion labels and Xbox 360 games such as "Halo."
    * Props – You can now equip your avatar with animated items they can carry around and interact with.
    * Awardables – The ability to earn Avatar clothing and props as rewards within games has been added. Please stay tuned for an update on supporting titles.

Movie Parties – Xbox LIVE Gold members can sit together in a virtual theater with up to seven friends no matter where they are while your Avatars watch a movie, flirt or even throw popcorn at each other.

Manage Your Queue – Browse the Netflix Instant Watch video catalogue, choose from the most popular movies and genres and add to your queue all from the comfort of your couch – no computer required.

Games on Demand
    Enjoy 24 x 7 access to a growing online library of popular full game titles on Xbox LIVE whenever you want them, in the comfort of your living room.

* Purchase Options – Browse and download a great selection of full Xbox 360 games using Microsoft Points, direct debit, or credit card.

Other Improvements

We're always listening to you for feedback, and this Xbox LIVE update will include numerous dashboard updates.

* Gold Member Veterans – Xbox LIVE Gold members get to show it off with a stamp on your Gamer Card that tells people how long you've been a Gold member.
    * Indie Games – Xbox LIVE Community Games has been renamed Xbox LIVE Indie Games. We feel this new name better represents the independent spirit of these titles.
    * Achievement Browser – We've revamped the Achievements browser so it's now easier to read through all the achievements while playing a game. You can now also launch a game directly from the browser.
    * Achievements Tracking – A new view inside the profile panel which includes a summary of Achievements earned across all the games played, and shows of all your completed games.
    * Streamlined Navigation - Streamlined navigation, including new entry points in the dashboard for Active Downloads, redeeming codes, recovering Gamertags and more.

* Voice Messages – No more blank voice messages! When recording a voice message, a warning will pop up if no audio is detected.
    * Friends List Sorting – It's now easier to find your friends! Find and sort your friends by activity, Gamertag or online status by pressing the Y button while viewing the friends list in the Guide.
    * Memory – Time stamps now appear in the memory area, which particular handy when managing saved games.

The Features listed below will not be on this update. it's for a later date.
    * Facebook
    * Twitter
    * Zune video and 1080p Instant On
    * Last.fm

5. onthemove

onthemove Guest

No, really. I've played my whole life since 8 bit glory days, and I've never been impressed with Microsoft as a console maker. First they make a great system with few good games, and now it's the other way around.

Online gaming keeps Microsoft in the console business. Period. After playing all the Medal of Honors and Battlefields of the world, it's gotten to the point where "new" war, combat, and first person shooter games are just too repetitive and boring. How many ways can you travel to point A and kill bad guy B and bring back item C on level D? They're all the same.

After Timesplitters Future Perfect came out, that was all I could take.

I got bored with Wii despite VC and WiiWare because there weren't many Wii games I wanted (yeah now Metroid Prime Trilogy gets released :irked: ).

They all have something to offer, but I just like ps3 best. Yes I did get it more for the hardware and compatibility than for games, but I do want Madden 10 next month, so sometimes I'll play new ps3 titles.

Other than that I'm pretty much with the old schoolers on this one. I still have a copy of Home Run for Atari 2600 somewhere in my game stash.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

As long as you said they all have something to offer.

But PS3 and 360 are dead even. As far as exclusives, gameplay, features (though 360 is pulling away a bit for the moment), etc.

Saying one or the other is crap then big upping the other is just silly. I had a PS3 and after selling it now want another one due to certain games.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

When was the last good Xbox exclusive? They're not even close now.

8. jessestylex

Microsoft has a lot of console exclusive, they will never deny Games for Windows. only a fool would think MS rather have 360 succeed than Windows if they had to pick.

Exclusives dont mean as much now as they did 5 years ago. like some of you pointed out MS is selling consoles with the help of XBL. Online Gaming is what people want now and it doesnt matter if Gears Of War is on the PC or not. All 360 games that end up on the PC are still selling double the amount on 360 than the PC version. MS has built a solid fan base and now MS is doing what they do best to sell consoles and thats Software and Online Features. Sony and Nintendo cannot compete in software outside of games. They will never reach what XBL is and does and will do in the future. With the Project Natal , Twitter,Facebook etc... on their way it wouldnt be far fetched to have 50-60 million XBL users by 2012.

And look where 360 is on Software. It's like this every month.
    360 sells more games. Exclusive or not.

Top Ten Video Games for June 2009 (ranked by total U.S. units sold)

1. Prototype - Xbox 360 - Activision - 419,900
    2. UFC 2009: Undisputed - Xbox 360 - THQ - 338,300
    3. EA Sports Active Bundle - Xbox 360 - EA - 289,100
    4. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 - Wii - EA - 272,400
    5. Wii Fit - Wii- Nintendo of America - 271,600
    6. Fight Night Round 4 - Xbox 360 - EA - 260,800
    7. Fight Night Round 4 - PS3 - EA - 210,300
    8. Mario Kart - Wii - Nintendo of America - 202,100
    9. Red Faction Guerrilla - Xbox 360 - THQ - 199,400
    10. Infamous - PS3 - Sony - 192,700

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

jesse, you don't have a clue (as usual) on what we are talking about.

Sony and Nintendo can't compete? No one uses their console for facebook and twitter. That's why they have a PC and a keyboard.

As for your numbers.
    First NPD is america only.
    Second, the ONLY reason 360 sells more is a bigger install base due to a year head start. The attach rate favours Sony.
    Finally, if the software is as your claim 'like that every month' why is the PS3 bringing in more money for companies like EA and Ubisoft and Capcom?

Once again, you have no idea, so please just shut up.

10. jessestylex

xbox 360 owns ps3, your info is BS, you just a old school sony fanboy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar