Which 360 model?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by OhioTitan, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OhioTitan

OhioTitan GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

I'm wanting to get a 360 but not sure what version to get, so i was wondering what your guys opinion is.

I can get the new 4gb slim or the 250gb elite, i heard the slim is slightly modified for better cooling and performance and it has the built in wifi. If i went with the slim though, i'd need more than 4gb and the only upgrade available is the 250gb hard drive

4gb Slim + new hard drive = $330-340ish
    250g elite = $300

Is the new design on the slim worth the extra $30-40 or do you think im better off just getting the elite?

2. XO

XO Nevada Native

I'd get the 4gb with kinect or the next model up (forget the gb size) with kinect.
    Kinect is pretty basic now but I hope for some cool stuff coming down the road.
    Edit: get the new slim model if possible. I just bought one for my younger brother with kinect. It is a nice system.

3. OhioTitan

The only thing about kinect though is that it with the 4gb is 300, i know i will need more than 4gb so id have to pay around 120ish on top of that for the upgraded hd. plus im not big on the connect anyways so i could do without and maybe see if the price drops in the future.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Can't you just buy a bigger internal HDD separate and switch them out? I know a lot of people did that initially with the 20GB PS3.

5. OhioTitan

thats what im planning to do with the 4gb if i get it but the hdd is about $120 which will make it alittle more than just a plain 250gb console

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i bought the 4gb Kinect bundle, and used my old 20gb 360 HDD on it.

and dont forget you can use USB Flash Drives.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Get the 4gb and trade the Kinect (since it's crap) for the new HDD.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I wouldn't call Kinect crap. If you like the wii, it's great. If not... yeah, you should probably pass.

9. XO

XO Nevada Native

Whatever! Google kinect hacks. The thing has massive amounts of potential.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

get the newer model. there's instructions all over that show you how to put spare HDD's into the shell.
    skip the kinect...but you'll want the new one that at least has the port

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar