Where would Fisher go?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Vigsted, Dec 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I keep hearing how Fisher wouldn't be out of a job for more than 30 seconds, but I'm struggling to see where he would (want to) go (in the NFL).

I think Dallas are going to keep Jason Garrett, Minnesota will keep Leslie Frazier and Denver won't give the next HC the control Fisher wants.

So I'd like to know where people see Fisher going.

Personally I only see the following possibilities:
    Arizona
    Buffalo
    Carolina
    Cincinnati
    Houston
    Oakland
    San Francisco

2. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

I think its tougher than people think. Because you also have to factor in the kind of players that make up these respective teams..compared to the system he wants to run.

3. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

To Dallas, if that fails then Houston

4. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

It's hard to say because nobody in there right mind gets together a group of players that Fisher would desire. 2 RBs, 1 pocket-passing QB, blocking WRs, blocking/catching TEs, 4-3 defense with run-stopping CBs and DEs that play the run on the way to the QB. Run-stopping LBs and run-stuffing/pocket-pushing DTs.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I don't think he's going to be the hot ticket the media makes him out to be.

Jerry Jones may be his only suitor.

Garrett is an improvement over Phillips but I see Jerry Jones wanting a Defense guy at HC.

I also think Jones is ready to make the switch back to a 4-3 Defense.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

After having Bud force him to draft/play Young, I think he'd want to go somewhere he had full control as GM/head coach with a hands-off owner. It would probably be an NFC team like Carolina who is run-first.

7. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

If I had to bet the house on it I'd guess it would be this order

Carolina (depends on Cowher tho')
    Houston (I bet he ends up here, poetic justice perhaps ?)
    Cincy (very possible)
    San Fran (less likely, but still a very real possibility based on Singletary's performance)
    Miami (doubtful)

I don't think Arizona, Buffalo, nor Oakland are ready to throw in the towel yet on their coaches.

Cable and Gailey are new and both of them have seemingly turned their programs around and have them heading in the right direction. Arizona just needs a QB (oh Viince...) and like you Jeff I think the Vikes and Cowgirls are going to stay pat with what they've got going on at present.

Did anyone hear that Cowher has finally opened up and solicited offers for the first time publicly ? I hated the guy when he coached (mainly because we had to play them and often lost), but would love him to come to Tennessee. Doubt it happens, especially if Carolina sweetens the pot. One can dream tho'...

8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Im gonna say denver. My friend who is a huge denver fan really really wants him. I told him.. "You guys can have him" Goodluck.

9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

He should go coach a Arena team :)

10. globelieves

globelieves Starter

I think Houston or Denver. Or maybe he'll take a year off and do the ESPN/Fox thing. Actually, I think he could benefit from taking a year off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar