Where were you 12 years ago?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dman, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I was in the 7th grade. I had PE 1st thing in the morning, then went to math class. When I went into my math class the teacher had the TV on and everyone just sat there and watched. The teacher didn't say a word, so it took a few minutes to realize what was going on. We just ended up watching the news in every class that day.

2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I was teaching a broadcasting class full of crying teenagers that couldn't begin to understand what was happening.

3. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

it still bothers me that the flight deck doors were not locked at the time because I thought they would be.

4. XO

XO Nevada Native

I was sitting at school.

They turned on the TV so we could watch.

My dad came and picked me up, he didn't know what else to do. Said he wanted all of us at home.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I was a senior in high school. I was in class when the crazy hippie history teacher from the next room ran in screaming "IRAQ IS ATTACKING US!!! TURN ON THE TV!!! IRAQ IS ATTACKING US!!!" So we turned on the TV and saw what was going on. Then the principal came over the intercom and told all teachers to turn the TVs OFF. I was pretty pissed since I was sitting in a history class and they weren't letting us watch history going down.

Shortly after we changed classes and I had my favorite teacher ever, an old man well into his 70's... just a few years younger than Alex. Anyway, I said "You know this is BS that we can't watch this. Can I just leave?" He said something like "Sure you can go to the bathroom (wink)". So me and my friend left school and went straight to our weed dealer's house where we watched the coverage.
    :cigar: :shocked:

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I was in high school, specifically English class when I heard the news.

A girl from my class ran out upon hearing the news, her uncle was in one of the towers. I believe he died.

My Dad at the time was in the immediate area but he got out safely many many many hours later. What normally was 40 minute train ride home turned into a 8 hour train wait.

All the students in my school were sent home, the city was worried the schools could become a target.

2 days after, we all returned to school and I was in a class directly above the dumpsters, the janitor slammed the dumper lid and we all thought the worst was happening.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I mean, didn't really get the whole big picture. If I remember correctly they didn't even know it was an attack for a few hours? When you're 11 years old and all your teachers are freaking out and you're watching replays of a plane running into a building... wouldn't you be confused?

8. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I had a similar experience with one kid in my class who lost both of his parents in the towers. It was definitely an experience I will never forget. I felt helpless and I had no words that I could say to him. I am glad your dad made it home safe man!

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea me too, I remember his cell wasn't working, we feared the worst for 8 hours when all of a sudden the door opens and it was him. Such a relief at that point.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

This girl who was a good friend of mine in HS had a sister who worked in one of the towers. I was actually in class with her when we heard the news. She was balling and inconsolable, understandably so. Fortunately, through some stroke of luck her sister was running late for work that day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar