Where should our focus be in round 1 of May's draft?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanswinnow

titanswinnow Special Teams Standout

Wouldnt fill a need at all but the local guy from Vandy. Jordan Matthews he is an exciting WR. Projected to go late 1st or 2nd round. I like him and would love to add him, buttt it wouldnt fill a need. I just like the local guys.... Still up in the air about the Cutler debate though despite Cutler being from Vandy as well.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

What about Derrick Morgan?

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Yea. Skill position guys are always hard to come by when you are trying to build a sound team.

Doesn't mean it's a bad pick however. Sometimes it's just taking whatever's talent that's on the board.

Frankly, we need to fill the OT and QB positions. However that may be

4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

damian the kind of guy who can go to new England and be really good

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Do we really value re-signing pitoeutoa and pollard over keeping CJ? I mean guys like Pitoeuia can be drafted or picked off the street. We could always just throw Brock lesnar in there.

Here's what we do.

-sign Michael Vick.
    -draft QB
    - have an instantly better QB til he's hurt and groom the young buck.
    -final redemption for Vick, go to superbowl
    - lose to whoever uses CJ better in open space in the superbowl.
    -wish we had CJ.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Assuming Munch is back (sigh) and we bring back Verner and Pollard (double yay) then...

RT. A lot of sites have us going RT in the draft and that's a good/smart choice but I don't think Munch and the team will go OL in the 1st in back to back drafts. I could see HaHa from Bama if we decide to let Griffin go or even try and get more explosive on offense and go Sammy Watkins (highly doubt it, outside shot). Maybe CJ Mosley since we really don't have a dependable MLB even though the position isn't really one you draft very high.

If we get a new HC then it's likely QB. Not sure who would hitch their wagon to Locker at this point.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I wish there was a way to get Clowney since Wimbley will probably be released.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Now that we know we're picking 11th thought I'd bump this thread

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

At #11 it's likely the four top QBs (Bridgewater, Carr, Manizel, & Bortles) will be gone. All four of those QBs have first round grades, right now. I do not want to reach on another QB at #11, if there's a QB we target -- please tradeback because they'll likely be available 10 picks later.

I want a defensive playmaker at #11. I'm going to assume that both Clowney & Anthony Barr will be gone already. That leaves us with:

C.J. Mosley - MLB - Alabama - 6'2 235
    Louis Nix - DT - Notre Dame - 6'2 345
    Khalil Mack - OLB/DE - Buffalo - 6'3 248
    Kony Ealy - DE - Mizzou - 6'5 275
    Darqueze Dennard - CB - Michigan St - 5'11 197 (Verner replacement)
    HaHa Clinton-Dix - FS - Alabama - 6'1 208 (Pollard replacement)

Hopefully we get rid of the trash you mentioned (Stewart, CJ2K, Wimbley, Fitzpatrick, & Stevens). We pickup spending money, and resign Pito, Verner, and Pollard. Use our 1st round pick on a defensive playmaker. 2nd Round depends on who our coach is, if we get a new coach, i'm hoping for a QB. If it's Munchak, we go OT.

Then, with the money we saved on cuts - we target a starting caliber DE. Free agent DEs include: Greg Hardy, Michael Johnson, Jared Allen, Justin Tuck, & Michael Bennett.

Right now, i'm on the CJ Mosley train at #11.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Gotta go QB, unless they are 90 percent sure that the remaining QBs left suck.

they screwed themselves out of options by winning those last 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar