Where should our focus be in round 1 of May's draft?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

HE GETS NO CREDIT.

I liked him before his thread, I don't really have a way of proooooving it however... so $@!%

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I believe you are wrong about that. There is a lot of talent to be had in the top 10. And the projected 1st round QBs are all BIG question marks.

At least a few of these teams will opt for a different positional player.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He's right about all them needing QB's though, and we wont be able to land one if we dont grab one at 11. But youre right that one of those teams lets a QB slip.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Last time there was a big run on QBs in the first (2011) it ended up BADLY for every team involved. That will scare people out of doing a repeat performance and reaching on subpar QB talent.

Every pick in the top 16 of 2011 BESIDES the bad QB picks of Locker, Ponder, Gabbert.. and Nick Fairley have ALL been to a pro bowl.

Jags saw Watt go right after them when they whiffed BIG TIME on Gabbert. That has to ache.

5. 615nick

615nick Starter

every year the tops have big question marks according to the media. Because the teams up in the top don't really leak any of their intentions or evaluations of the talent they want. If all these media guys where as good at predicting players futures they would be in a front office somewhere

6. xpmar9x

For me the smartest thing we can do:

1st Round: Anthony Barr or Khalil Mack
    We need that pass rushing OLB that offensive coordinators have to worry about. Package him w/ Casey and our front 7 may actually have a pass-rush.

2nd Round: Offensive Tackle
    Roos has 1 year left, Stewart is gone. This offensive tackle is our RT starter next year, and future stud LT. Too important to wait until the 4th. We need to trade back, mid 2nd - and pickup another 4th rounder. Morgan Moses is a guy i'm fond of, he's flown up draft boards however.

4th Round: Quarterback (Mettenberger, McCarron, Smith, Fales, Boyd, or Murray)
    We'll likely have our choice. We need a legit backup option due to Lockers inability to stay healthy. We may get lucky and find a Russel Wilson, although history says otherwise. QB competes for the starting job.

4th Round: Runningback (rec'd in 2nd round trade back)
    Marion Grice is my favorite, very good chance a legit RB falls as many have in recent drafts. This is our CJ replacement and the back we pair up with Greene.

5th Round: Nosetackle
    Need the big guy in the middle for the new 3-4. Justin Ellis is a guy I love, once a projected 5th - he's flying up the boards. I bet he goes in the 3rd now. Zack Kerr & Daniel McCullers are some other names. Raji, Terrence Cody, & Cam Thomas are some free agent nose tackles I hope we pursue to pair with this 5th rounder as depth.

6th Round: OLB
    More OLB depth, we need passrushers. With my scenario we have our 1st rounder & Ayers at OLB. I don't see Morgan fitting well with a 3-4, Brown should play ILB. Jonathan Brown from Illinois would be a good look here. I've seen every game of his career, the dude has potential and is a TN native.

7th Round: Offensive Tackle
    More depth at OT. Again, Stewart is gone. Stingily sucks. Otto is a free agent. Roos has one more year. 7th Rounder is a likely practice squad guy year 1. Has potential to be a backup the following year, or if we find a stud potential our RT next year. Cornelius Lucas who most have as a 6th-7th rounder would be a steal. He's a massive 6'8 330 bull.

Pair this up with keeping Verner, Pollard, & Pito. Sign free agents: Donald Butler & a NT.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. xpmar9x

You very well could be right. I just don't see Bridgewater, Manziel, & Bortles falling to #11. All the teams I listed need a QB, bad. I also don't see Carr worthy of #11; that could change.

Houston - Schaub is a goner. Yates isn't the answer. New coach.
    Jacksonville - Gabbert is a bust.
    Cleveland - Hoyer played decent, but he's nothing to celebrate. New coach.
    Oakland - Pryor & McGloin were OK. They need a franchise QB.
    Minnesota - Ponders time is up. Cassel is worthless. New coach.

I see this draft alot like the 2011 draft. Teams will reach on QBs because they desperately need one. Hopefully this time we learn and take a fallen defensive stud, and not a "Locker" over a "Watt, Kerrigan, or Quinn". Alot can change from here until April, so we'll see!

8. JCBRAVE

You mean May, the draft is now in May

9. xpmar9x

Shut up.

10. JCBRAVE

you were wrong and I caught you :neener:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar