Where should our focus be in round 1 of May's draft?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 615nick

615nick Starter

There is no way the titans front office is thinking anything but qb. Even if locker does turn out and stops getting hurt all the time, we have to have a backup plan. Not really any impressive free agents and it's pretty much a wasted pick if you take a qb late

with the titans first pick in the 2014 draft they select: JOHNNY MANZIEL

2. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I feel ya on johnny football. He's rarely liked around these parts, but I don't care what these bafoons say...dude's gonna be cold.

On another note, I can assure you the front office is thinking about many other things other than qb.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

His stock has fallen in recent weeks, so he could be there at 11, but I sure hope not.

4. 615nick

615nick Starter

With out a doubt this guy is gonna be a beast at the next level, but people on here want to deny him because he runs a forty faster than 5 flat. If the fo is thinking anything but qb after what we've been going through since mcnair, then I will instantly lose faith in them. Still a ride or die titans fan, but will not be happy.

5. 615nick

615nick Starter

I hope so

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I am hoping the Jags or Texans take that train wreck waiting to happen.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. 615nick

615nick Starter

If one of those teams especially the texans take johnny it will be detrimental to us for years to come

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Please god, no Manziel!!!!

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I've come to realize that we're screwed on a top QB - unless Bridgewater, Bortler, Manziel, or Carr fall to us at #11. I predict that Houston, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Oakland, & Minnesota all go QB; with a slim chance that Tampa opts for a QB. Four of those five grab a QB with their first pick, then Jimmy Garoppollo goes either to CLE @ #26 or HOU, JAX, OAK, or MIN w/ their 2nd. I doubt we trade up w/o a 3rd rounder already. Could potentially trade back to late 1st, if we're sold on Garoppollo & could pickup extra picks. See a trade like the Falcons/Brown deal for Julio Jones; Falcons got #6 for #27, #59 (2nd), #124 (4th), & next years 1st. Unlikely this would happen unless a legit prospect fell, say Sammy Watkins (or Mike Evans dominates the combine) and CAR looks to make a blockbuster deal. But, I doubt DET would let Watkins pass them.

If we stay at our draft spots, no other QB is worthy w/ those 5 QBs off the board. We instead should opt for DE/OLB w/ our 1st round pick, OT/RB/ILB w/ our 2nd rounder. When our 4th comes back around, we can risk it on Mettenberger, McCarron, Fales, Boyd, or Murray with our 4th. Then Locker, 4th Rounder, & Wilson battle it out for a starting spot. If no QB stands out, we look for a QB in the '15 draft class with Winston, Mariota, Hundley, Hogan, & Petty all draft eligible.

1st Round:
    Anthony Barr | Khalil Mack | Ra'Shede Hageman

2nd Round:
    Ka'Deem Carey (or another RB) | Morgan Moses | Shayne Skov | Dee Ford

4th Round:
    QB: Mettenberger, McCarron, Fales, Boyd, or Murray

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I see Hageman has become the flavor of the moment.

Good job, RT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar