Where is VY? (all things Vince Young goes here)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by grindtime, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Being an NFL exec is different than being an NFL PLAYER.

And yes, I would concede my knowledge to any NFL player. Why would I think I know more about the game when I spent 4 years of studying it part time and they spent 4 years part time, plus x number of years full time studying the game??

Makes no sense to me.

There's some very knowledgeable posters on here that really break down the games, but there's gonna be a lot of things about football that you can't understand just by watching.

There's much more to football than X's and O's.

Common sense.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Sure.

My credibility is infinitely better than yours when it comes to football players because I've NEVER made comment as dumb as:

VY BETTER THAN AARON ROGERS AND MOST HOF QBZ!!!!!!!!!!

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

And its funny that Alex posted my responses, but didn't post what lead me to those responses. It was basically me and 2 or 3 other posters against the entire board and we were called everything under the sun for our opinions.

To throw so much ish around you guys sure are sensitive.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

My prediction was wrong And you suck at football. What else is there to discuss?

5. Alex1939

Let's discuss how my football knowledge is better than yours even without me playing in college. :biggrin2:

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Well obviously.

You don't think execs know anything about spotting talent? That is kind of their job. Granted, some of them fail miserably, but I don't know if four of them can be wrong about the same guy after he's been in the league for almost eight years. One of whom, Ted Thompson, played in the NFL for almost a decade and is considered one of the best at what he does.

Just face it, VY just wasn't that good.

7. Alex1939

Does CJtheBeast have more football knowledge than Bud Adam's grandson?

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

You can say he wasn't that good all you want but his stats the last 2 seasons and his win percentage prove otherwise.

I'm not even gonna argue that point. It's been done to death. If he sucked half of his teammates wouldn't have wanted him back.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

If he didn't suck a team would have employed him by now. Hell, one of the other three teams he signed with had the opportunity to keep him despite shaky depth and starters.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Exactly. I used to be one of the biggest VY supporters, but no one can be this naive.

He's been cut about 3 times before he left Tennessee. He hasn't looked all that impressive against 3rd stringers in what little preseason time he's gotten, he was also a pick machine in Philly, and no GM in the world is thinking about calling him right now.

I think he sucked, sucks, and will always suck. At the same time, you can't be equally naive to say he was ineffective in his last 2 seasons here. I think Fisher did a good job to mold a system around him to hide a lot of his negatives, and VY as dumb as he is was here for so long he finally started learning the nuances of our offense and it showed.

He screwed up any chance he had at being a mainstay in the NFL, because he was never any good, he just fit our system.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar