Where in the world are the TE in this offense???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

It seems to me that we aren't putting the TE's on the field as much this year. More 3 and 4 WR sets.

Troupe in the slot still seems to make a lot of sense. Oh well. I think we may go for a TE that better fits this O this offseason.

2. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Ive been waiting for Troupe to show something for the past couple of years. We see flashes but no consistency. I honestly think the coaches have lost faith in him and thats why he isnt on the field. I could really see us using a first rounder on a TE even though I'd rather go DE or MLB

3. smili

smili Starter

I was one complaining last year that all we did was dink and dunk to the tight ends, but I was hoping it would lead to more downfield passing.

I also _hope_ they're waiting they're waiting to unleash the offensive weaponry, but methinks we're going to continue to live and die with our defense.

4. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

Our best Tight End calls play by play on the radio.
    Troupe stinks. He's just terrible. I'd rather see Wes Ours...

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Troupe's problem is with his head. If we could put one of those radio recievers in his helmet so Chow or Fisher could remind him of which route to run before the snap it might help. My guess is he isn't either running the right routes or he is running the routes wrongly either getting too deep or short. Chow's routes are set up to influence the defense and IMO many of the guys are decoys for the primary reciever. The porblem is if Troupe doesn't run the right route not only is he out of position to catch the ball himself but he disrupts the play for the other guys as well. Besides, you only need to screw up a few times and Chow isn't going to want you out there. Troupe has proven he has the physical ability but apparently not the mental ability.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Troupe doesn't stink. Just because he isn't playing doesn't mean he sucks that bad. Wes ours? What a lame comment. This guy gave us over 500 yards in 05.

Troupe just turned 25 last month. He isn't that much older than vince young.

The problem with our TEs is that we have made the commitment to a FB and use fewer 2 TE sets. The coaches also like hartsock a lot and feel that when in a 2 TE set he needs to be there for his blocking. That doesn't leave many reps for troupe.

I know in the atlanta game they played troupe early, made him the primary on 2 plays and he delivered 2 catches for 22 yards with half the yards coming after the catch.

7. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

bo scaife better start holding onto the damn ball, i have to hold my breath everytime he catches it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar