Where in the world are the TE in this offense???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

I am I the only one who notices that the Tight End Position is pretty much a non factor in this offense that includes, Ben Troupe(who has sick ability) Bo Scaife (solid TE) and Ben Hartsock. They are not used at all and certainly not in the Red Zone where they could do some serious damage. I saw a play sunday where Troupe was doing a block and could have slipped into the end zone for a easy TD but there is no play calling other than run up the middle off tackle, or everyone run to the endzone and get covered so we cant throw it to anyone and dump it out of the end zone. There is no play calling down there and the TE have to be involved some place. Imagine Ben Troupe with his skills on the Colts or Patriots.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It's odd considering how productive our TEs were just a few seasons ago. This team has always been big on finding TE's, and a good TE is what a young QB needs. Just not happening for some reason.

3. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Chow = death to Titans TEs? I can't fish out any stats or facts so it's probably just coincidental, but it's the first thing that sprang to mind for me.
    I kinda miss Erron Kinney. Not necessarily for production reasons, I just liked him.

4. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Yeah I would like to see a PA to a TE when we hit the redzone instead of the run, run, run, field goal approach that we have accustomed ourselves to. We have been using Scaife a bit though just notin the redzone enough. He is
    19th in the leaqgue in receptions and 20th for yards. Not great but roughly in the middle of the pack.

5. soopacee

soopacee I'm Blaine Bishop

Collins looked for Scaife alot in that HOU game.....scaife is a beast

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I don't understand why Troupe isn't on the field more. Seems like when he was targeted a few times this season he did well.

Must've pissed Fisher off like Volek or something.

7. PrimeTyme

PrimeTyme Guest

No, you're not the only one that noticed. Our TEs are argueably our best receiving threats. Troupe is an absolute playmaker with the ball in his hands. I don't see how our production wouldn't go up in the passing game if they were utilized more. I swear it seems like this team is holding stuff back. Maybe they're waiting to unleash the full array of weaponry until later in the season against tougher opponents. At least that's some kind of hope that I have.

8. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I feel the same sometimes.

9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Because he can't block and we run a power run offense now. I still think we should throw him in the slot every now and then.

10. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

i like our tight ends, now we just need to throw to them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar