Where has the 100yd rusher gone?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CriticalTheory, Dec 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CriticalTheory

CriticalTheory WestSide 718 ShadowMafia!

Man we haven't had a RB rush for a Benjamin since week 14 of the 2004 season.

You do the math that was over a year ago, A year now what is wrong with that picture?

Everything that use to define the Titans is no longer here a hard hitting defense that was stout from the line to secondary. A smash mouth running game to control the clock and wear down defenses. I realize we no longer have a smash mouth RB but that is no excuse for not having a RB hit 100.

Whats the Deal Discuss

2. CanadaTitan

CanadaTitan Guest

henry was suspended for a while, nash is unknown, payton limited snaps, o-line is awefull, brown is inconsistent, we don't control the clock at all anymore and our defence sucks, they cant hold leads late so we have to pass inorder to get the quick score

3. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

That's preety much the scenario. I wanna see what Brown and Henry can do next year behind an improved OLine. If in the end either of the two, or worst both, show they can't get it done then we need to look for a replacement. I don't think Brown is going to be the long term answer. That will become apparent heading into the next couple of off-seasons.

4. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I want to see a game where we give Henry the chance to proove himself.

5. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Tomorrow he'll get that chance. He isn't quite 100% yet, but Brown has been mostly in and out of practice this week with a shoulder injury, how he got that - good question. This kid is always getting some minor ding and I'm getting tired of it.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

he gets one and doesnt completely heal from it.

but he hasnt missed a game this year, so it is an improvemen over last season.

7. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

True, but you can tell it effects his game. I think he's just sucked it up and plays through them, which seems to be slowing him down.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

well he has long runs called back on holding penalties, most of which were TDs and/or woulda put him over 100 yards (and 1000 for the season)

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Funny, Brown has been less injured this year than Henry and performed better as well.. oh and he didn't get a 4 day suspension. Why would you want Henry to start over Brown??

10. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I agree, but some of those long runs were "because" of the holding penalties. Bottom line, we need better line play. We get that and the running game will follow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar