Where does Vince rank among playoff QB's?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nate42104, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

His rankings are based on opinion, and so are mine. That is why I posted them, to make the point. In which case, he immediately invalidated my opinion for no reason at all other than to do it. Which is totally unfair given that his posting of rankings are based on absolutely nothing.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

Is this ranking based on some data, or simply opinion? Why does my ranking have no validity. The thread had no validity to begin with, so I responded in kind, I hope you are finally getting the point.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

I probably jumped the gun on Nate, and took him for a Vince hater, when he is not, but Nate tends to be on the cup is half empty side, and so I felt the need to defend our team with the cup is half full perspective. Such is life after losing a playoff game. We are all going in different directions.

4. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

He's also the youngest by at least 2 years. Another good question would be out of all these good qb's how many of them won in the playoffs at 24? I believe the only two who got playoff wins at that young of age are brady and roethlisberger.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Isn't that the sensible approach to evaluating vince young right now?

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

1]P.Manning

He is a machine when it comes to studying the game.Besides the fact that he has elite skills he is like an offensive co-ordinator on the field.Wk17 he ran the offense as the Colts co-ordinator when Sorgi came in.
    Hate him all you want but you have to respect him.We may never see another QB like him again.

2]Favre.

A player all fans love regardless of which team you root for.One of the best ever & he's still got all his skills at 38.He has learned not to force the ball as much of late.His enthusiasm for the game is infectious & the players around him thrive on it.He brings the best out of his supporting cast.A very rare breed of player.

3]Brady. The Iceman,Mr consistent.

Loathed by non Patriot fans for his pretty boy ways but he reads the field as good as anyone who's ever played,ridiculously accurate.I've marked him down because he epitomises his HC's persona.I don't think that's a good quality in a QB & on another team I'm sure he'd be enough of a leader.

4]Romo.

A lot like a Young Brett Favre on the field.Bounces right back from bad decisions & bad games.A rocket arm & scrambling ability to go with it.Players & fans alike love him as do famous hangers on.There are questions about off field distractions but he's just young & having fun.His love of the game & desire to win will calm him down.

5]Garcia The Terminator.

Garcia is tough as nails & robot like consistent.Shining in ther twilight of his career he took Tampa farther than they had a right go this year with little help outside of Galloway & surprise backup RB Ernest Graham.Give him more weapons & he'll be very hard to beat.

6]Gerrard. The Stoner.

He always has a smile on his face & looks too laid back to make a play. Given the starting job this year he's made the Jags his team.His job is much like what's expected of Vince Young,manage the game. Yet he's shown he can do much more than that with a very accurate passing game. His biggest weakness this year has been his WR's,he himself has done very little wrong.

7]Rothleisberger.

Great QB who's still learning despite having a SB ring.He has plenty of weapons in terms of WR's but was inconsistent this year after Pittsburg installed a new offense.Ulitimately let down in the play offs by a lck of a running game due to injuries.If Pittsburg really let him loose he could be another Elway.

8]Hasselbeck. The Hothead.

Too emotional in big games.A solid player & a leader with it but when things go wrong he can't be counted on.Holmgren has let have too long of a leash & now it's too late to change his ways. Too much like Jim Kelly,can't produce when his team needs him the most.

9]Eli The Nerd.

Another quiet spoken QB who likes to let his playing do his talking. Always under the pressure of playing in his brothers shadow he has all the ability but is painfully inconsistent.Every year he has fallen apart down the stretch but this year for the first time he has rallied & had a stellar wk17 game vs the Pats followed by a solid game against the Bucs. A win vs the Cowboys will do wonders for his confidence.

He needs constant reassuring that he is where he is on merit.A win tonight might get him over the hump,a loss could see him turtle again.

10]Vince The Pageant Princess.

All the ability in the world & He's always had his own way on the way to the big leagues.Now he is the petulant child with growing pains.With precious little help from WR's he's had to accept that he can't do it all on his own & it's bruised his ego.

The past suggests he will rise to the challenge & seek to better himself.He is his toughest critic.

His short passing game has improved dramatically this year as has his ability to read the field but he threw more off his back foot in the process which hurt his accuracy on longer throws.That said a stud receiver would have pulled many of his drops in. Has the potential to be a top 5 QB but he needs play makers to help him along the way. No QB's can do it on their own as Favre's lean years in Green Bay without WR help proved.

11]Campbell Good but under the radar.

A small fish in a big pond.Put together a nice season in Washington & improved on a weekly basis at the mid season point. Suffered a cruel injury to shut him down but the Redskins look to have found their future QB.A change at HC & the performance of his back up Collins might throw a spanner in the works next season though.

12]Rivers The Big Mouth rich kid.

He thinks he's a big shot & has oodles of confidence. The problem is that he thinks he's better than he actually is because he deposed Drew Brees for the starting job. AJ Smiths golden boy but the truth is Brees is a far better player & his winning the job as starting QB was a result of an internal power struggle rather than his ability.

When things went south under Norv Turner's new offense he quickly found out his team mates only like him when he's succesful.He's tough & cetainly no quitter but he's nothing special either.Still time for him yet but he's struggled badly learning a new system despite having weapons to die for.

Showed promise at the end of 06 but went backwards badly in 07.The Colts will leave him battered & bruised & given the cold shoulder again by his team mates as he clears out his locker for the year.

The Bolts will be in disdarray & I see further trouble for Rivers in 08'.

7. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Great analysis, Childress. If Vince had the weapons that Rivers, or even Campbell/Collins had, I believe it would be a different story.

Phi, if there is a point to this thread, it's not to bash Vince, because I'm a fan of his...however I am very realistic as well and to think that he showed the Titans fans something to look forward to for the next 10 years is scary.

If we make a run at Chris Chambers at mid-season, does that change the outcome of our playoff game? Not only did Chambers make some big plays against us, but if we remove those and add what he could have done for our offense, maybe the Chargers are the ones sitting at home this weekend, and not us.

With our free agent dollars this off-season, I'm hoping we make at least 1 significant playmaker on offense to take the pressure and lone eye off Vince.

8. Morph

Morph Revolution

Yeah, I hope so as well. The more 'big names/playmakers' we have around him the better, obviously. We need to pull some of the attention away from VY on offense...put a few good WRs/TEs around him with a solid running game. This last year defense knew that he was basically our most dangerous 'weapon' on offense and well when you only have to worry about shutting down one player, it doesn't make getting our offense off the field all that difficult. Yeah, I know I just basically described a 'dream team', but it could happen and would definitely work. Actually after reading that again...I must say that it sounds like I just described Jacksonville...except our QB is more mobile and quicker.

1. Brady
    2. P. Manning
    3. Farvre
    4. Romo
    5. Garrard
    6. Vince
    7. Rothleisberger
    8. Hasselbeck
    9. Eli
    10. Garcia
    11.Rivers
    12. Campbell

9. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I couldn't agree more. Jacksonville is the future of the AFC South once Indy hits salary cap hell (I hope) - a solid defense, run game, and balanced offensive attack. Garrard in that system is perfect and would be ideal in TN because he does not make mistakes - and if he needs to run for a first down marker, he does it. And while making that first down, it keeps the defense on their toes knowing he could pull up and run at any time.

That reminds me of Vince his rookie season :( I just wish I knew who or what got into his head giving him the idea that he could no longer run anymore.

10. I really don't like Rivers's character, but I have to admit he was impressive today, especially on that TD pass to Chambers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar