Where does the blame go for last year?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlightRisk

FlightRisk Camp Fodder

Coaching, and, in particular, Fisher. He was burned out adn too high on himself to begin with. He's a mediocre coach with good people (media) skills. That's why he got 16 years to get to 50/50.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. FlightRisk

FlightRisk Camp Fodder

Most people have a silly high school idea of how things operate on an NFL team. All this talk of "leaders" is H.S. (not high school). These are grown men, small groups of friends who have clear and not too generous opinions of each other, and the idea that they're a "team" in any but the most formal way is ridiculous. Think of the office or shop or company where you work. The "team" is exactly like that. A conglomeration of factions and personalities and power plays in constant motion, people pissed off at each other, making temporary alliances, etc. etc. The root problems last year came from personality difficulties the coach was having. If he's got any sense what does he care is Vince cusses him out just as long as Vince wins him 10 games? Fisher is a small man who thinks in inches, not yards. He's the center of last year's problem. Vince is just a kid with too little brains and too much God-given talent (though not quite enough for him to set the NFL on fire the way he set the college leagues on their asses).

3. FlightRisk

FlightRisk Camp Fodder

And PS: Munchak was a very bad choice for replacement. He's not a head coach and will not develop into a head coach. He'll do a couple or three years and be booted back down the ranks. It's too bad, but that's on Bud & Co. They had a chance to do something really smart, but the Oilers/Titans really aren't known for doing something smart, are they?

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Lions 6-10
    Titans 6-10

All praise Schwartz and his incredible coaching.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Did Jim Schwartz run over your dog or something? Schwartz is working with a team that's been at the bottom of the barrel for decades, Fisher managed to take a 13-3 team and crash and burn in back to back seasons. Fisher's 6-10 is a damn shame, Schwartz' 6-10 is promising considering where they started. Don't be a Jeff Fisher nut swinger like dbc.

6. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

And.....you know this how? Please fill us all in.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Please share why

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I don't think anyone can call me a Jeff Fisher nut swinger with my posting history. I should rock your jaw for that comment.

All I'm saying is people are acting like Schwartz is a wondercoach and the Lions went 6-10 last year. As others have pointed out, a coach would have to be completely incompetent to not improve after having multiple years of top draft talent to choose from. I'll be impressed when they win the division or make a Superbowl, neither of which I think will happen during Schwartz's tenure.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Oh snapz, I got the old man telling me he "should rock my jaw" lol.
    From the words of Obama - I hope you're cozy in hell in a gasoline snuggie, for the record right now you aint messin with my dougie!

10. Illegal Hit

Illegal Hit Starter

Lions are on the way up in the toughest division

If the QB stays healthy

Looking like playoff contenders for next year

Titans have been on the way down for the last couple seasons

looking like sub .500 team for next year

In one of the wishy-washy divisions

I still don't get what's up with all the love for a below average coach

His coaching style was pu55y

He basically tanked games by not putting the best available players/team on the field

his coaching kept us out of the post season a few of the years we shaould have made it

I still remember listining to the radio last season hearing retards call up say crap like.

"I just wanna thank coach Fish fer sticking by the team in this tough time"

During last years six game losing streak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar