Where do we go from here?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Well Fam, it has been one helluva season and now that it is officially in the books, where do we go from here?

This off-season is gonna be very interesting, we have our hands full as far as retaining players and letting players walk. I can't wait to see how this thing plays out for us. :greedy:Will we finally make a splash in free agency or will Bud keep the checkbook shut tight?

What do yall want us to do? Who do yall want us to go after? Who do we keep and who do we let walk? And should we trade any of these young guys who will more than likely become RFA instead of UFA?

:thankyou:Please share.:thankyou:

2. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

Is anyone hopeful Lendale stays....or would we rather get a trade out of him?

Is Ringer really "the back-up"???

That's my main question for now.

And personally I think Lendale will be gone...uness Jeff draws up a split-carry gameplan that he knows he will follow. L-man wants the ball especially after gettin in shape imo.

3. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I want lendale gone. Not because i don't like him. But because ringer is a stud with a bright future and i would like lendale to be successful, so he needs to leave.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Ringer runs slow and doesnt have enough Power to run over defenders.

He is a strange RB imo. I dont know if he should be our 2nd RB from what ive seen. I dont know what he could bring to the table that CJ doesnt bring.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Lungs that have oxygen in them.

Seriously, Chris Johnson needs breaks. That's what backup running backs are for. You don't put your backup in to improve on your starter. You put your backup in to give your starter a rest. It's not that complicated.

I'd like to see Lendale stick around. CJ needs to be used less next season. Having an effective backup is crucial for the Titans, and Ringer hasn't shown enough to make me feel comfortable with him as the RB2.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Yeah #2 RB is gonna be a hot topic to watch out for. I'd like to see Lendale back in the mix, but I know he feels he can be the #1 guy anywhere. The good thing for us as a team is that he's gonna be a RFA so we don't have to let him walk just yet. A trade to Cleveland for a 2nd rounder or Josh Cribbs would be ideal, IMO. But knowing Fisher, he's probably gonna stay and be given at least half the carries, which is cool with me too. Ringer has shown some flashes, but I'm not totally sold on him just yet.

Defense is my main focus. I want to see us go after a veteran DL, LB AND CB. I don't really see any stud players at those positions in the draft when we pick so I don't wanna rely on rookies to come in and replace the likes of KVB, KB, and Harper (I'd be ok with anybody replacing Harper though).

Julius Peppers would be a long shot, Richard Seymour would be more reasonable and he's a very versatile DL. LB, we have to get a guy who can play all over the field. Tulloch will be back for at least another year which is good. Cortland needs help, so if we can get a solid CB in here this is gonna help everyone else out on D, same goes if we add a solid DL or LB, I feel it'll have a positive impact on the rest of the D.

Our O is probably one of the most solid groups we've had maybe ever, so we have to strengthen up our D. As far as I can see, our future is gonna be bright.

Can't come some enough though.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I would like us to pursue a veteran CB with enough speed to make up lost ground once he's beat. Then draft a CB high enough to compete for a starting gig.

Also would like a DT with some power. An OLB that makes sacks, and a better LG to protect Vince.

If we could land Seymour, or Peppers OMG watch out!

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Cut fat Lendale.

I used to like the guy, but you make comments about USC over UT and get the f out my state. Go get your 2.5 yards a carry for the Seahawks cause we don't need you anymore.

9. BigD73OT

BigD73OT NFL Free Agent

Ideally we will sign Julius Peppers, Richard Seymour, Gary Bracket, Derrick Johnson, LT, trade for Josh Cribbs and Anquan Boldin and sign Dunta Robinson....BUT, thats not going to happen lol. In all seriousness DL needs an upgrade..I would love to see J.Pepp in two tone blue. Aaron Kampman wouldn't be that bad of a fit either.As well as the......well, really every spot on the D could use and upgrade. Offensively, the only spot that could use a true UPGRADE would be the LG spot a guy like Nick Cole(Philly) or Duece Lutui(AZ) would be a nice fit.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

While LenDale did nothing worth writing home to mom about, I don't think Ringer could have done half as good. Notice how C.J. was either stopped at the line of scrimage or went for 50. Well no matter who's in there at RB in Tennessee, they will instantly be met by defenders. Thing with C.J. is he's slippery, and same for LenDale. When you're about to wrap up and tackle those two guys they do something to get the yards after contact, something I don't think Ringer is all that good at. That Eskimo Pola fella needs to work on getting Ringer his speed back. I'd feel better about Ringer if he was at his Junior speed from college. On paper Ringer has some half decent stats, that is for one quarter of play. His entire rookie season he had only 48 yards, and 32 of those were on one long run. Take that away from him and he's worth 6 feet a carry. And for that I say we need to keep our 2nd back in Nashville, Ringer isn't ready.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar