Where are they all?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well I do not go too the games for the benefit of CJs bank account. If that dude don't want to play in Tennessee, or any of them slackers, then they should retire.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

why dont them fools workout at 7pm when the sun goes down? it aint like they got anything to do the next day. i'd find a park with lights and workout 7-10 pm

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

too busy chasing tail till 3am - lol

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Because they're not playing games at 7PM. You're supposed to condition your body to what it will be doing on game day.

Of course I'm sure you already knew that and you're just being typical difficult Jesse.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Wyatt said 17 guys were out today. Only names not previously mentioned were Bironas and Kern. He also said the players are hoping 40 guys show up next week.

6. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

I'm pretty sure i saw Ken Amato (the LS) in a few of the photos.

Yup, I can't seem to post the picture though. Its one of the ones from tennessean.com

7. jessestylex

dude it's not 95 degrees in Oct. like i said if they were smart they would practice at night. you risk a lot more injuries just from heat.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

No, but it will be in the 90's when they play in Jacksonville opening day at 1:00PM. There's also a damn good chance of it being in the 90's in Houston. Two division games you're willing to throw away because you're lazy.

Not to mention if you can do it when the temperature is in the 90s then you shouldn't have any problem doing it when it's in the 70's.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yes, practicing when you're suppose to be playing is the best way to go. Regardless of the heat, the Titans players need to be acclimated to those temperatures to gain an advantage in the early games where it's still hot. I remember a week-1 match up in Nashville vs the more talented Eagles a few years back. We won that game because we could tolerate the weather, and they couldn't. They were drinking pickle juice to keep from dehydrating. By the 4th quarter their dark jerseys, and not being use to 95 degree games had them cramping, puking, and losing. So as you can see, practicing in hot conditions is good for Titans players. I think this is the very reason we almost always open vs Jacksonville. Besides us, they're one of very few teams who can handle those games.

10. jessestylex

your body doesnt get use to hot weather, where i work is 90+ inside, you never get use to it! trust me. you can be trained on how to drink at the right times and when to pace yourself but that is stuff they should already know from college. they should already know their bodies and limits. they can train in the sun all you want but someone who never plays in the sun could have a higher tolerance of heat. depends on the person not the training imo. say what you want but thats how i feel.

and this is about training on your skills, adding the high heat will screw with your ability to focus on skills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar