Where are the Hawkins and Cook haters this week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LANGSTER, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Gronkowski has been a dud the past two weeks. He has had less fantasy points than Cook the past two weeks. We are better off with Cook.....SARCASM:lol:

2. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

I hate to agree with you on this, but I just might be with you. I think we overestimated his athleticism when we drafted him. He's got great top speed and can stretch out, but as someone said, he's slow on his breaks. He's a "tweener", can't run routes to consistently play WR, can't block to consistently play TE.

And speaking of overestimating his athleticism, he's athletic, but he's definitely no Vernon Davis.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Vernon Davis was a dud until his 4th year as well.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

Hawkins is definitely in his last year with the Titans. Even if we don't draft a WR high, Britt will be back, DWill, Wash, and Avery will probably stick around, and we'll draft some kid in the fifth round and he'll be the odd man out. Seems like a good guy though, hope he finds a home in Jacksonville. They do a great job of picking up WRs nobody else wants.

I'm not opposed to keeping Cook on the roster, but as a second tight end not a starter. I'm sure his ball skills will get better with more reps, I'm just more worried about the weird WR/TE hybrid. Problem is when you're smack in the middle, you're not really a starting TE or a starting WR. He has no identity. Poor guy.

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

If he can't block, he has no business being a #2 Tight End. If he can't figure out routes after being given a full chance this season, he has no business being on the team. I am still willing to give him a little more time, but my patience with him is beginning to wear thin.

6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Cook is a FA after this season and I see no reason to resign him. Maybe we'll go after Oslen, Shockey, or Davis next offseason.

7. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Cook and Hawkins appear lost in the offense.....again. It's apparent the coaching staff is a bit smarter than us fans when it comes to evaluating game day talent. They've both had many chances over the past 3 years to shine, but it doesn't click.

I trust Munch and Palmer's decisions more than fansites, ESPN or their supposed physical talent. These guys just don't seem to have the intelligence to run correct routes or to play in the modern NFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar