When you Lose like that you have to reevaluate Everything - Munchack

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Arcane, Oct 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Wrong yet again! Congratulations that makes you wrong in three threads on the first page.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yes, well if you disagree than I must be wrong.

We all know you'll never provide any sort of rebuttal.

3. Alex1939

Is that similar to how you ignored my last post in the Revis thread and my last post in the Collins thread totally bunking your ignorant football knowledge?

Yes you do a good job of ignoring posts once you have been proven wrong. And switching to personal attacks to ignore the argument yet another great move by the trollololololol.

Go ahead and prove that Cook would be awesome on another team.

4. Deuce Wayne

What questions have I ignored?

I love you little forum kids that pretend I ever back away from anything. You know better. Either I missed your question or it was too pointless to acknowledge. With you, the latter is more likely- but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

"proven wrong"... Yes. Maybe the problem is, you do a terrible job of "proving" anyone wrong... ever question that?

Direct me to these so called "proven" instances and I'll pick you apart as I always do.

5. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

The larger issue that most of us miss, including Much, is the whole offensive philosophy is old and outdated. This league has morphed into a pass first league and it seems like the most success is being achieved by the teams that take that approach. The Packers, Patriots, Lions, Bills, Chargers, Eagles, Saints, Colts (with Manning) all throw the ball constantly and try to put up as many points as possible regardless of score (see Saints throwing up 41-7 Monday vs. the Dolts). Is it just coincidence that these teams are seen as the best teams in the NFL, and have the records to prove it? The days of running the ball 40+ times with the hope of wearing down the defense in the 4th quarter is a thing of the past. What good is pounding the ball and burning clock when the opposing team has put up 50 pass attempts, 400+ yards and 38 points?

In order to win in the NFL you have to go with your strengths. We can't run block, fine then we should adopt the kind of offense that our strength, pass blocking, can be best utilized. Our base offense should be shotgun with 3 wides with CJ split in the backfield. Just like the Lions do with Javid Best and the Eagles do with LeSean McCoy. If a defense plays eight in the box why in god's name do we just pound CJ up the middle, playing into the strength of the defense? By going 3-4 wides it spreads out the field more, giving CJ more space to work and putting him in "make one guy miss" scenarios more often. In my opinion CJ is being totally misused in this current offensive scheme.

I understand that we really don't have the WR's necessary to adopt this approach this season and expect the kind of success that the Packers enjoy, I'm talking about going forward. If we were to draft Blackmon or Floyd next year, with Britt returning and perhaps pick up a good receiver in free agency we have the horses to become a very good offense. Both Hasslebeck and Locker could thrive in this style of offense, and we all know Roos and Stewart are pass blocking beasts. Draft a stud center and upgrade our guard/guards in free agency and now were in business.

Change is needed big time, but lets face it Much has learned almost everything about coaching from Fisher; the most stubborn, make no changes kind of coach I've seen in my lifetime. I love Munch but I don't have much faith that he'll see the light and make the changes necessary to compete in todays NFL.

6. Alex1939

I see you are still ignoring the Collins on IR thread. But I don't blame you. It must suck to look this foolish on a regular basis, son. See "Boise State" thread in Other Sports for even more proof.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Out of High 5s but excellent post

8. Deuce Wayne

Wasn't even aware I posted in there.

I'll go embarrass you there like I did the other thread you claimed I was purposely avoiding.

You're the kid that keeps getting punched by the bully but shouts "DIDN'T HURT!".

9. Alex1939

And again I see you have zero retort to your claim the Jared Cook would be a stud on another team- how surprising. But your little personal attacks jabs are cute. HI-FIVE BRO!

10. Deuce Wayne

It's uh...

it's something we call "speculation", Alex.

I don't have any factual way to show he'd be great for any other team. I do have plenty of evidence that Jeff Fisher had no idea what he was doing with him though and how he's been about the only player playing for our team the past couple weeks.

But you know...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar