When Will The Titans Stop Being A Busch League Franchise!!!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I understood the post just fine after I mentally inserted the proper 100 missing punctuations.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

picky, picky, picky :ha:

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Both sides are equally to blame in how this has been handled from a PR perspective. I would really love to know what the Titans plan was concerning Mac heading into the offseason. I think the plan was to keep him but at a reduced rate that was cap friendly. I don't think the FO considered the deal that they offered Mac in Jan. a legitimate deal. It was a low ball offer. I think the FO was planning all along to wait until after the draft to really address the Mac situation. If the FO was planning on trading mac they would have done that back in march when teams like the Fins were shopping for a QB.

I also would really like to know what Mac's plan was heading into the offseason. Did he truely want to return to the Titans? or Did DMase have him brain washed that the Ravens could win a SB with him.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm beginning to wonder what Reese was thinking allowing Bus to negotiate with the Ravens.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

you know cook/McMVP had already done the ratbird negotiations anyways.

This whole thing is about McMVP wanting to go to murdermore for the $$$$

always has been IMHO

6. They'd have to get it done before a trade could be worked out anyway. It's not like Steve can just sign with them at any time...

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

don't take this too seriously, but seriously...

hello? Paging Jon Small... scuze me... I know you two are almost always in total agreement but I'm uncharateristicaly confused... but when I say
    "Steve McNair can kiss my butt.":homer2:
    How does that jive with this?
    Now Jon, you are a real smart guy and I'm sure that you are not going to let some foul mouthed, few bricks shy of a load, blue collar kool-aid drinker get the best of you... but you have to tell me man...
    You guys are obviously in agreement...
    That is about all that is clear to me in regards to my quote.

My whole point is that there
    is plenty of blame to go around

(not that I made that point... I just feel that way)

It's about the money. We know Steve is simply not worth what we agreed to pay him. Isn't that the lowest common denominator?

8. Hey, I pay nigel very well to be my yes-man and lackey... :ha:

Seriously though (if I must), this is business in the NFL. The Titans think McNair isn't worth $10M this year and don't want to give him an extension because they expect Vince Young to be the QB by 2007. McNair doesn't want to take a pay cut and does want to have some reasonable guarantee that he'll be a starter for more than just 1 year. The 2 sides just don't mesh.

So now it's a matter of either the Titans keeping him at his current salary, trading him to Baltimore, or cutting him and seeing him go to Baltimore for nothing. The obvious solution is a trade, but the Titans want more than the Ravens are offering. So the Titans are simply making the best use out of the month and a half they have before they need some real cap room in order to get the best trade they can get.

It isn't pretty, but it's business. And while I'd much prefer to finish it sooner rather than later for McNair's sake as well as the team's, it's hardly Bush league.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

honestly, how can someone mispell Bush? like Fisher (or Fischer)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar