When Will The Titans Stop Being A Busch League Franchise!!!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Really stirred them up now huh?
    I smell a one hundred reply thread coming...

2. Brian

Brian Big Fan

:hmm: I need a nap.

FYI - Players come and go. Start rooting for the laundry.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

we calling the Spelling Police or the Grammar Police???

I understood the post well enough

4. Overblown, not overdue...

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

[​IMG]

Them's Titans business folks is mean. I'm tellin' ya- they don't play fair.

6. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Code:

We have a winner!

Kuharsky was talking about this on 104.5 this morning, and brought up that McNair is hardly blamless in this situation. He is the one who started the whole ball rolling with his talk of retirement. Once your franchise QB makes comments like that, you have to start thinking about the future. Not to mention his work habits over the past couple seasons havent been of those of a guy who has the fire to play three more seasons.

7. Nash

Nash Starter

Plus my understanding from one of my sources was that Mac had a verbal agreement to stay if VY was chosen, and then starts up the Ravens thing...so who was trying to squeeze who??

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Regardless of the retirement talk, I think the writing was on the wall. We've had numerous seasons now where McNair hasn't practiced but once (if at all) with the team during the week but played on Sunday. Does anyone think this situation is going to improve anytime soon?

How long do you go with "he's a game-time decision" on Thursday when you are wanting to build the team back up? How do you game plan?

I hope McNair stays healthy and is productive (except against us) for another couple of seasons but I wouldn't invest what the Ratbirds are willing to to keep him.

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

No one can say that the deal the Titans offered McNair wasn't "fair".
    It might not have been equal to the amount the Ravens could afford to offer,
    but McNair was offered a fair contract that would have allowed him to finish his career where he started it.

He and Bus are the ones who decided to look for a bigger windfall elsewhere.

10. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

How long will the Packers be held "hostage" every offseason waiting for Farve to decide if he will play more or not? I think the Titans did exactly what they should have once their QB started talking retirement and his production on the field started to drop a bit. I love Steve and I think everyone wants to see him retire a Titan, but their has to be give on both sides and so far on the McNair side there really hasn't been any.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar