When will Phillips, Childress, and Turner get fired?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

Made me laugh too! My wife has been calling him Shooter for years!

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

That's just funny to me.. I forget, where do you work and does your job title include the firing of NFL coaches?

3. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

I don't see any of those teams firing the coach in mid season. It would be throwing the towel in and admiting the season is lost. Plus they need time to recruit the replacement coach and most wouldn't take the reigns mid year.

Singletary can be added to that list, he's gone. Chuckie should go there. Hope Singletary goes to Baylor; he would be a good college coach but rah rah doesn't do it in NFL.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

what about Andy Reid for letting McNabb and Westbrook (less questionable) go? Trusting Kolb and Michael Vick? I would fire him.

People I would fire:

Reid as GM/maybe totally
    Marvin Lewis
    Del Rio
    Phillips
    John Fox
    Raheem Morris
    Tom Cable
    Norv Turner
    Childress
    McDaniels

5. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Why would you fire Raheem Morris? I think they have a solid core there in Tampa and are headed in the right direction

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. nwclark

nwclark Camp Fodder

There is no way that Singletary is gone. I will put money on it.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Are you that uninformed? Both Eagles QBs have outplayed Donovan Mcnabb this year. Mcnabb's passing rating is 76 and it would be a story of the media wasn't spending so much time on the Vikings and Cowboys.

The Eagles are one of the best managed teams in the league. They always win so it makes no sense at all to fire anyone.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

how about an avatar swap? He is gone at the end of this year - book it.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Phillips, Del Rio, and John Fox are the only three coaches I'd fire so far. Childress has shown progress each and every season he's been in Minnesota. If Norv Turner were to get fired from San Diego, I could very much see him going back to Dallas as their Head Coach. As for the Singletary talk here, I told you guys a while ago he'd fail then 49er's, and no one agreed. The team is built to win, but the coach is an idiot.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'd fire Childress for one reason, the way he has handled the quarterback position. He hand picks Tavaris Jackson, who may or may not be the future. He's allowed Bret Favre to hold the team hostage for two offseasons. They traded a draft pick for Sage Rosenfels.

That team just has no direction after this year.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar