When will Phillips, Childress, and Turner get fired?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

These scrubs combine for a record of 5-14 this season.

I would've fired Phillips immediately after last night's game. I would fire each of the coaches after losses this upcoming weekend. It's really a no-brainer. They are useless and obviously taking their teams nowhere.

The Cowboys should definitely target Cowher or Gruden. But, after Gruden witnessed that embarrassing loss last night, I'm not sure he wants any part of the Cowgirls.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I've got a feeling half this message board will invoke Jeff Fisher into this thread... Myself, I've got no problems with first place in the division...

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Bill Cower would be a perfect fit for Dallas. He's had to put up with a high-pressure fan base before and the Cowboys already have the personnel to run his defense.

4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Phillips-End of season, at least let him try and turn it around and make the superbowl this year.

Turner-Give him a year or two more, the Chargers had a huge talent dump, is it really a surprise they are struggling?

Childress-Should be fired already.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Barring magnificent turnarounds, they're all getting fired by season's end or not long after. Of the three, Wade is the only one I could see getting fired during the season... despite Jerry Jones' recent comments. Jason Garrett has pretty much been the HC in waiting there for years now. If the season continues its downward spiral I could see Wade getting canned just so JJ can somewhat see what he has with Garrett in a head coaching capacity.

Actually, now that I think about it, I could see the same scenario playing out with Childress and Leslie Frazier. Supposedly BC isn't very popular with a lot of his players anyway.

6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Jerry Jones and AJ Smith big time coaches dont want to work for these too. Turner and Phillips are cordinators and terrible head coaches.

7. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

All 3 at seasons end.

The Dallas situation all lies with Jerry Jones. He went with Wade because he's the pushover coach..and despite not doing anything significant he stuck with him because imo he wanted to prove to all the naysayers that he could win with him. WELL its NOT working..and now your team is 1-5 !

Minnesota..I have no sympathy for Childress. He's a sub par coach imo and the only reason he's still there is because of the season Brett had last year. But i just dont think he has any real control over this team. I think he's allowed Brett to have to much freedom (in regard to off season stuff) and as a result he's pinned all his hopes on a guy whose now taken this team to a 2-4 record. I just dont think he ever had a real plan for this season..and I dont see him in Minnesota too much longer

SD. The main issue with the Chargers imo are their front office !! For whatever reason they think they can continue to let great players go..and still flourish. I think season after season they have underestimated the importance of leadership in the locker room..and now I think they're a team without guidance and no real identity. However Norv is not without fault. He's sucks as a HC...I honestly think he's better off as an OC. He's had some great teams to worth with in a very weak division throughout the years and has done nothing. The SD front office has spent so much time getting rid of players..they need to check their HC

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. nwclark

nwclark Camp Fodder

What? No mention of Del Rio?

9. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Well theres several HC's that are going to axed after this season. But I think the OPs 3 should have been fired like yesterday ! lol

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

There's no need to mention Del Rio. We all know he's gone at the end of the season... and he coaches a terrible team.

The guys I mentioned have all the talent in the world on their teams, but can't do crap with it.

Plug in a top 10 coach and those are all playoff teams and one would likely make the Super Bowl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar