When will Chris Johnson find work?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 7, 2014.

?

When will C.J. sign?

Poll closed Sep 7, 2014.
  1. Tomorrow

3.4%
  2. Mid week

28.8%
  3. This weekend

15.3%
  4. Next week

18.6%
  5. After the draft

22.0%
  6. After OTA's

3.4%
  7. Preseason

5.1%
  8. 2014 Regular season

3.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

You predict that he will get 1500 yards or so... I predict that a guy released, and not picked up yet will be splitting carries.. because if he were a workhorse, he wouldn't have spent a full day on the market without being flooded with offers. So far, all he has is happy feelings from the NY Jets. Good vibes don't amount to dollars and carries.

I'd say my unknowns are much less than yours.

his free agency stay has certainly not been a feeding frenzy. hardly a bite til recently.

Do you think he will be given even 200 carries next year? I say no way, unless the other 1-3rd string RBs are on IR.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Conjecture or not, his projections could quickly be real life.

3. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Every coaches dream.

lol. GOOD TIMES.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

you don't know anything of what you claim. Unless you're CJ's agent, how could you possibly know who he's been in contact with..He hasn't even signed with a team yet and you're already calculating his role, his average and his carries?

And even if he is only signed to split carries, people forget we only drafted him to split carries. He could very well outshine the other back and be on his way to 250 carries next season especially if it's Chris ivory..

5. nickmsmith

I guess time will just tell..
    I'm not the one that came out with bold claims.. was just responding to yours ,that seem outrageous to the common person.

BTW.. you are still predicting CJ to get about 6 YPC by getting 250 carries, and 1500 yards.

To get around 1600 yards, he would have to average close to 6.5 YPCs. Which is still more than a full YPC better than the best RBs this year.

I don't think I'm the one being outrageous here.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

You are. Because I'm telling you both are possible and you're telling me what's 'going to happen'.

7. Clark

Math was never sure things strong point. Or maybe it's thinking things through... Or maybe it's realizing reality. It's probably that he just can't accept the truth... That's definitely it.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. nickmsmith

Yep, it's also possible that Charlie Whitehurst is the next Tom Brady. And that Curtis Painter is the next Peyton Manning.

I'm saying it's likely that he will finish under 1000 yards next season. Not what is possible.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You just said you think he'll go for 1400-1600... Obviously you have now proven my point that you do not believe that.

He's been over 1000 yards every season, so I'm not sure how that's fair - even with the decline in production.

1250 over/under

10. Clark

@AdamSchefter: Former Titans RB Chris Johnson reached agreement with Jets on a two-year deal, per league sources.

Guess we get to see him be a jet guys...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar