"When the Walls come Tumbling Down"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfantilidie, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Jerr83

The_Jerr83 Camp Fodder

Awesome!! I'll buy him a 6 pack if this happens!

2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

It's not like he would've known any of the plays the Oakland was going to run in that game. :rolleyes:

Stick with what you've got.

3. KC_Titan

KC_Titan Starter

The personnel was the same, nothing had really changed at that point, he knew the players inside and out. Tampa smoked the Raiders that SB. Smoked.

In fact I believe Brooks or someone on defense was laughing about how well they knew what Oakland was going to do.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Remember the last time the Raiders were a great team?

John Gruden does.

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Did JON (not John) play for the Raiders back in the 70's? Or the early 80's? That was the last time they were great. They were no better than we were when they were playing under Gruden (alot of playoff losses, no SB appearances...pretty similar to us, except we did make an appearance in a SB). Remember, in their SB year (2002), Callahan was coaching (Gruden was in TB).

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Oakland scraped us once upon a time.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Remember... using an offense that Gruden designed.

8. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Get rid of Finnegan? hahahahahahahahahah

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Yea they did beat the Raiders in the SB but last time I checked the SB game isn't the only thing you have to do to win the championship. Obviously Gruden "smoked" teams all year and in the playoffs.

Remember with the Raiders Gruden lost to the Ravens in 2000 in the AFC championship game. A game where Gannon got hurt. Then they lost in the playoffs the next year because of the ridiculous tuck rule to the Pats. Those years came after two 8-8 year but he took over a bottom of the barrel team so 8-8 was a vast improvement. His record in four years after taking over a crap team was 40-28.

The Bucs won a SB as much because of the defense which was good against everyone, not just the Raiders. One problem for the Bucs however was that they used two 1st round picks and two 2nd round picks to get Gruden. The lack of high draft picks and CAP issues were what ultimately did him in at Tampa.

10. globelieves

globelieves Starter

I'm sorry, but I just have to ask it. Does JON really spell his name in all caps?:kiss:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar