1. Pardon our mess as we continue to update the new forum software. Big thanks to Mike and Preditan for all their help in the transition. If you run into any problems, put them in the Update Thread.

When the NFL added two divisions — and weakened the AFC West

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pro Football Talk, May 22, 2014.

1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

I think it could be pushed to 40 without any real issues
  2. 615nick

615nick Special Teams Standout

No it's a bad idea or no it's not gonna happen. Because if you think it won't happen your delusional.
  3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Starter

No, it's a bad idea.

Of course it will happen, always follow the money.
  4. 615nick

615nick Special Teams Standout

I see it really being a problem for.some teams if they go overseas. either the teams on the west coast wouldn't play the teams in europe or it have to be a couple games ina row out there then a bye then return to the states. Because that's gonna pose a problem with travel. I know the qb

I know the qb issue seems like a big deal, but I think it would work itself out. Yes, there are very few real nfl qbs in the world, maybe 10 or 15. But, with a 40 team playing field it would just make d and running games more prevalent in the teams that didn't have a top notch qb. We already have a slight shift in power going on now. Two of the best teams in the league don't have a true nfl passer, they really very heavily on running and d, sea and sf
  5. dtm586

dtm586 Starter

Lol those Niners of old - back in those NFC West prior alignment days, mopped up on those other weak teams.

Rams awful, Falcons bad, Saints a joke, Panthers expansion - Just remember the Niners owning that division

I agree with Fry though - I do miss the old AFC Central as we'll ...

Even though not sure having an extra team (6) was a disadvantage in terms of making the playoffs (more teams to leap frog in a division already owned by Pittsburgh). Good to remanence about the late 90s early 2000s