When is Holt Going to Sign with a team???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ohsfball9109, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ohsfball9109

ohsfball9109 Rookie

With the draft coming up very shortly... wouldn't it be ideal if Holt signed with a team soon?? It would be way easier for him and some organization...
    Holt reason he should sign is that he wouldn't have to worry about coming into an organization late and could start learning the playbook...

Organization- If a team like the Titans needed a #1 WR badly then they would know that they have one in Holt and do not have to use their first or second round pick for a possible bust high picked WR...

What do ya'll think??

2. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

When he comes to the realization he won't be getting a TO size contract with anyone. Then he might start entertaining some offers.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I've seriously been wondering the same thing.

I don't see what advantages Holt could have AFTER the draft. There will be less teams that want a receiver at that point. Seems like he should be trying to land the best deal he can now.

I'm confused as to what his and his agent's strategy is regarding contract and choice of team.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

You're missing the point. What matters isn't the number of teams who need a WR. What matters is how badly ONE team wants a WR.

Holt will sign with whatever team came out of the draft without getting the WR they thought they would get. At that point, a team will be desperate enough to increase their offer.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Then let's see if we can crunch numbers.
    How many 1st round quality WRs do we have in this year's draft vs. how many teams besides us need a playmaker WR?

Regardless of his reasoning, he's still playing odds that are definitely against him now and probably still will be after the draft.
    I honestly think what teams are offering him now is about the highest he will get.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I'm not saying his strategy is the right one. I'm just saying that it's not hard to figure out what's he's probably thinking.

7. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

I thought I read there were numerous teams that had an interest in him but he has had only two team visits so far. I'm not even going to try and understand all if it. I just hope he signs with us soon.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Good point.

If that is how Holt is viewing the situation, that he will get more money after the draft, then he has to be totally unconcerned with WHERE he signs, right?

That kind of surprises me because I figured he'd only want to play for a winner at this point.

I'm also starting to think, he's played all these years in a dome and there is risk of an injury to his knee... the longer this goes the less enthusiastic I am about signing him. (don't get me wrong, I still hope we do, but I'm having doubts about Holt).

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

There's a reason no one has signed him yet... he isn't as good as he thinks he is. He is no longer a top 10 receiver in this league. He is a good receiver, but no teams are interested in him at the moment. No one wants to take a risk on a guy who has a bad knee and may only play 2 more seasons.

Hopefully Hakeem Nicks is on the board at pick #30. Then I won't give a damn about Holt.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

A year removed from knee issues for an older WR who relies on speed isn't a good thing. He will play somewhere but he's got to get over thinking he's worth T.O. money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar