When is Givens coming back?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I stand corrected.

I didn't comment on his signing, I remember I felt pretty neutral about him. I would have liked to see him work out, but regardless of his age, it's tough to imagine he will come back and be the same. Possible, but unlikely.

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

dude get real.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

David givens won't help this team hardly at all.

Did he help us last year before the injury? Sure his 8 catches in 5 games was instrumental is helping us to an 0-5 record.

Givens got a fat contract because he had solid production at new england. Ok but is 50 something catches and 700 yards that great an accomplishment for a WR playing with a hall of fame QB? I'm thinking that a midget with a club foot could get 25 catches starting on that team. Givens in 05 gave the pats 700 yards receiving out of 4300 passing yards. Big damn deal! Didn't reche caldwell have similar numbers in 06? That proves my point!

Compare givens to our other Wrs from last year. In the 5 games that givens played he had 8 catches. Bennett had 18, wade 10, brandon jones had 7 and he missed most of camp.

Givens won't improve this team at all..

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You keep telling yourself that.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

PA, rather than a "get real" retort which is lame and without substance try coming up with a solid case as to why it is so obvious brandon jones is inferior. Givens had one more catch than jones in the 5 games he participated in and jones himself was coming off a knee injury and missed much of camp.

What the hell did givens do for this team to suggest he will improve it this year?

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

True he did, of course Caldwell did it in 3 more games than Givens and didn't have a Deion Branch on the other side.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Soxcat,

well we got a "dude get real" and a "keep telling yourself that'. More than enough to convince me that givens is a stud! :suspect:

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's hard to have substance when we have to deal with your solid evidence, including 'I'm thinking that a midget with a club foot could get 25 catches starting on that team.'

Who can argue with that logic? :rolleyes:

What do you expect Givens to do first year in a new team with a QB who had one week of practise and then a rookie QB who was always going to be raw?

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

"I'm thinking that a midget with a club foot could get 25 catches starting on that team." really persuaded me. :rolleyes:

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe2005.htm

Study the patriots passing stats from 05 and tell me that what givens did was that impressive. 700 yards out of 4300 impressive? No. Tim dwight and an aging troy brown combined for more yardage, more tds and a higher ypc. Having another good receiver on the other side probably helped givens not hurt him considering that branch only accounted for 20% of the team's passing yardage.

Caldwell produced the same numbers on a team that threw for 800 fewer yards.

And why are all these givens fans ignoring his ineptitude from last season when we needed him to produce?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar