When do we know a QB will be good

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I know without a doubt Mariota is the future of this franchise, so what hes had 2 down games, big whoop :whoop:

his best asset is his ability to learn and adjust..

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. JCBRAVE

Just to be clear but throwing for 103 yards is not "smoking" anyone

Brissett is alright but lets not kid ourselves, Lagarrett Blount and a good defense won them that game..

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Situation has a lot to do with a QBs success. To think you can project a career off of 1 stat, 4 games into someones career is ridiculous. Even 16 games isn't enough.

Look at Derek Carr ... 2014 is AY/A is 5.3

In 2015 it's 7.1 ... don't you think that might have a little something to do with Amari Cooper? So if Carr doesn't get Cooper and his AY/A stays low because he has **** to throw to, can we project he will be a bust? ... no. He is just in a bad situation.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

Bored?

If youre really on the fence about the guy I encourage you to pull you head out of your butt.

5. JCBRAVE

3 games guys, youre all getting rowdy over 3 games, 1 of which he won BTW...

If youd like I can quite easily rattle off a list of great QB's who found their way into a 3 game slump..

Tom Brady 2001
    Ben Roethlisberger 2006
    Arron Rodgers 2008

if those teams cut bait before those guys took off theyd have nothing

just gotta push thru these growing pains is all

6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

They won......We do not.....It doesn't matter stats....NE has always been great at getting the best out of their talent while we do not. That's my point.

7. JCBRAVE

We're in a new age under JR tho, you cant really say yet what we are/arent

we're 1-2 and been in every one of these games til the very end, thats progress

remember; we wiped out half of the roster, things take time to settle in

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  8. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Nope, a 2nd year QB in his 2nd offensive system playing with no weapons should be an elite QB ... c'mon brave, I though you were smarter than that.

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Was going to write basically the same exact thing you just did. The paranoia setting in is unbelievable after 3 games with some of the people on this board. I get the frustration 100% but there's still a lot of ball left to be played.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I implore anyone that is blaming solely Mariota for his struggles to go watch our last game... watch the WRs and routes run and where the ball goes.

You'll find the offense is condensed into 20 yards vertical. No routes in the third level, and the formations again often condensed inside the numbers. Or routes that run inside.

On top of that fubar situation, you'll find little to no route concepts that help our lesser WRs to get open or find space. 3 curls and a flat/wheel combo - all within about 4 yards of each other does not constitute a proper route combo.

Take the previous issue that we arnt attack deep (nor outside) - and you have a QB whose staring at covered WRs all game. Defenses are squatting on the underneath stuff. - Mariotas issue here is his lack of arm talent to the sideline vertically, and his inside-out read preference. Coaches have to break that mold, not adapt a full game to it and coddle it.

Mariota is holding the ball too long. He's watching defenders blanket our lousey routes. thats football 101

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar