What's your main concern heading into the new season?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Childress79, Jun 20, 2010.

?
  1. Offence

4.2%
  2. Defence

52.1%
  3. Special Teams

6.3%
  4. Coaching

18.8%
  5. All of the above

22.9%
  6. None ,we're good to go

4.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

you can almost bet on a punt if we get stuck in our own 10 yard line. i see it happen to many times and i want to kill Fisher every time. He automatically thinks the drive is done once that deep. he just runs the ball to set up the punt. watch this season he will do it a LOT.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Of course we can expect a punt, and Fisher is right that the drive is likely done. We're not a high-powered offense. We rely on one guy to do our work.

Most teams end up punting when they're stuck inside their own 10 yard line. That's basically my point. Why throw the ball when it will likely fall incomplete, when you can take a chance by handing the ball off to the fastest man in the league and see what he can do? Nine times out of ten we're going to gain a few yards, and every now and then we'll convert.

Let me go a little further with this... you said that on 3rd & 8 from your own 12, you'd pass even when handing the ball to CJ is an option. What if it was 3rd & 15 or longer from your own 12? Would you still pass? I sure wouldn't.

3. jessestylex

DEPENDS on how close the game was, if we are down 10+ points in the mid 4th Q i would pass it on 3rd and 15. 15 yards isnt much. Peyton to Clark wouldnt think twice about it. I wouldnt give the ball back without trying everything i could at that point.

I wouldnt care if Fisher ran to punt if we had a big lead. but when playing from behind, man up and try to move the chains. dont wave the white flag. you dang sure cant count on this defense or even the special teams to bail you out. at least not yet.

we had so many punts last year it became a main stat the announcers started keeping up with.

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

LOL. I think you should have asked "What are you looking forward to this season?" ..at the moment, the only positive I see is cold weather. Where are the positives coming into this season that you think people wouldn't even have ANY worries? Hmm.

Let's see. VY acts a fool. CJ acts a fool. Morgan arrested. Mawae, KVB, Bulluck etc gone. Yeah no worries!

Who knows, maybe the rookies will actually do something..should they even reach the field, but maybe Fisher will sit them in favor of some 40 year olds that want to return..who knows.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

We have no comparable combo whatsoever.

6. jessestylex

Thanks to our Drafting. It's not hard to change the way we play. we dont need a Mobile Qb and a RB to carry the team. we could easily switch to a Pure Passing QB and Great WR's and average RB. those kind of teams seem to make it further in the playoffs.

Instead of wanting to win a SB, we rather stick with tradition as long as they are making Money from the fans.

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

How about we throw a short pass to the fastest man in the NFL? How about we try the option? How about we freak them out and bomb it deep? If they intercept it, they will likely have worse field position than if we punted. How about we directly snap the ball to CJ? Is a few yards from the eight really that important? Lots of things we could try, but nope. Up the gut for three yards is ALWAYS the way to go.

8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

global warming, gulf oil spill, miley cyrus, cj's contract ...

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

I chose all of the above and here's why:

Offense: Britt is in Fisher's doghouse which is not a good place to be in plus the threat of a CJ holdout and possible disciplinary actions against VY.

Defense: Bulluck is gone so someone is gonna have to step up to be the new leader on the defensive side of the ball plus with Hood sideline for the year I'm worried that Fisher will bring back Harper:boo:.

Special Teams: The only concern I have is can Tye Hill stay healthy; a guy that high of a pick with his talent does not go from team to team in a span of 4 years if healthy.

Coaching: By all means this should be Cecil's make or break year as DC it's pretty bad when Fisher has to take over play calling like he did last year. If the defense does not improve without any significant injury then Cecil has got to go and replaced by someone from outside the organization even if he butts heads with Fisher.

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Why would you not run this play?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d3wE-x_KHA4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d3wE-x_KHA4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar