Whats your Madden 09 Franchise?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by KY_Titans7, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KY_Titans7

KY_Titans7 Guest

What is everyone's franchise like on 09? I'm the Titans, of course. I'm in the second year, I just won the Super Bowl in year 1.

My main players last year were Marcus Colston, Devin Hester, CJ, VY, Brandon Jones when I needed him, and Alge Crumpler/Scaife. On Defense I just kept the original roster.

This 2nd year I picked up Chad Johnson in FA, I traded Colston, Lendale(benched him and never used him), Griffin( he's awesome btw) and Fowler and picked up Ed Reed and Fabian Washington(backup CB) from the Ravens, and Patrick Willis from the 49ers for the defense.

Now I got Chad Johnson, Hester, and Jones as the WR's, CJ and Kevin Jones(back up), VY as the QB, Willis/Bulluck/Thorton as the LB's, Finnegan/Reed/Harper/Hope as the DB's. I kept the original DL as well.

09 is awesome btw! I can't wait to get Live in a few days.

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I traded a 2nd 4th and VY for Larry Fitzgerald and created a QB. Obviously I'm the Titans. And I love that I can finally dominate with the Titans, unlike the past few years when they've sucked

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

An effective strategy, which I shouldn't be posting online because its classified information, is to line up Lendale in the Weak-I Formation as fullback, keeping CJ at HB. You can run the FB dive, the power-o run play, the HB dive or the HB stretch and keep the defense completely off guard. If you're lucky enough to catch someone playing a 3 man front pass defense, just continue to hurry up to the line and audible between those 4 plays, flipping them every so often. It works consistently against people, not so much against the computer since its impossible to run up the middle. I'll have drives where I run the ball 8-9 times on the drive and hurry back to the line getting positive yards every time. And of course, as soon as they audible to blitz you audible to the short pass smart play (hit the audible buttin, X on a 360 or Square on a PS3 and move your right joystick to the right) and CJ will typically be in the flat wide open for a home run. Those 5 plays alone have scored me countless points. Of course, against better opponents you'll eventually fail if you don't mix it up, but find a newb and slaughter with this 1 formation.

BTW, if you have the option of playing online, it's the way to go. The computer is pretty much a game of try and stop the pass, and it gets repetitive. No matter what team I play on Madden 09 against the computer they just abandon ship on the run and complete 75% of their passes and rush for less then 30 yards. Tavarius Jackson went 24/29 for 315 yards the other day while AP had 6 attempts for 19 yards against me. Not realistic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar