What's Your Draft Strategy?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by satkins2252, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

i'm hoping we trade down but if we dont
    1-trufant
    2-okafor
    3-barret jones
    3c-da'rick rodgers or however the hell you spell it

2. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I agree Mingo seems like a good idea now after taking Hill to clog the lanes. The rest of that draft is perfect.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ok now that we're pretty much done adding free agents I can tell you what I want us to do in April

1st - CB
    2nd - DE
    3rd - G
    3rd - RB
    4th - BPA

4. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

I like this:

1. Chance Warmack, G Alabama
    1. Desmond Trufant, CB Washington*
    3. Shamarko Thomas, S Syracuse

*Trade round 2, 3 and 4 to move back to round 1

Of course I would still be trying to sign John Abraham too.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Well right now this is assuming we sign that DE coming in today, Gibson and cutting Nate, and no CB's. Also we sign a few OL guys to fill out the depth chart.

1. Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
    2. Tank Carradine, DE, FSU
    3. Barrett Jones, OG, Bama
    3. Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech

Trufant can come right in and start for us and we can move Verner inside. Carradine is coming off a sever injury and right now I'm not buying the hype of him going up draft boards from blogs a month away from the draft. We can easily sign a Brandon Moore type guy to a cheap 2 year deal and let him be a stop gap for a guy like Jones or he could just come right in and win the job. I'm a big Patton fan, going to play the outside and insurance with Britt. Big physical possession type of WR for us who can also make plays and a smart, dedicated player with some attitude.

My alternative would probably be Ansah in the 1st. I wouldn't mind OG but I just think it's a very deep position this year and there are still some good players out in FA. I still say WR is a need no matter if we bring in Gibson or not.

6. J Falk

J Falk Starter

These pickups have worked out well with the strategy I've been predicting for a while...

I still say we're going to go G and CB(not in any particular order) in the 1st and 2nd rounds...

I think we will go safety in the 3rd round, and we'll probably snag up either another corner, a DE, or a LB with our comp pick.

I still want to trade back in the 1st. With either J Cooper, D Trufant or X Rhodes having a strong possibility of falling around the 20th pick I think it just makes sense for us to trade back and take the chance on getting one of them. Picking up an extra 3rd round pick(just guessing this is what it would take) while also getting a player that we really want without reaching would be great.

My mock for us:
    1st(trade back to 14-18 range): G Jonathan Cooper: Would fit in great here. I almost like him more than Warmack because of his speed. He might actually be able to get out in front of CJ on pull plays(something I really worry about with Warmack). Would also be the final piece of our o-line; transforming us from arguably the worst o-line to one of the best. Alt pick: CB X Rhodes, CB D Trufant

2nd: CB David Amerson: Still my guy. His production combined with his measureables are just too much. He's going to be a good pro. No doubt in my mind. Alt pick: G Barrett Jones, G Larry Warford, CB Jonathan Banks

3rd: S(I just don't know which one lol): It's between Eric Reid, Phillip Thomas, TJ McDonald, and Shawn Williams IMO. I think they will all be good pros. My gut is telling me P Thomas will be the best out of this group though.

3rd(trade): DE Corey Lemonier: Will compete for starter reps, pushing the current starters to play harder. I also think he may be more talented than our current DE's, so that wouldn't hurt either.

3rd(comp.): LB(Don't know which one though!!! and only if Leveon Bell is gone by this pick!!!): I'm going to be honest...I haven't done much research on the linebackers and that's why I can't predict who we'd get here. Yes, Fokou is an awesome name, but he's not truly a great replacement for McCarthy if he goes down again. We also need a guy that can cover seeing that Ayers is useless in passing situations(unless he's blitzing).

4th: DT Kwame Geathers: Why not? He's 6-5 342...bring him in to keep Sammie Hill from getting complacent. It doesn't hurt having another bohemath to rotate in either...

5th-7th I could see us drafting these positions here: OT: We need a young, backup OT to eventually replace Stewart(he's getting old fast). CB: Can't have enough CB's. S: Safety's are so talented this year that we could get a good one late(Ray Ray?). DE: Still need more good depth. RB: Yes, we have CJ and Shonn Greene, but we could still use another one. FB: We resigned Quinn, but he's just not very good.

I'd also love to get the Honey Badger, but I have a really strong feeling he will be gone before we pick in the 3rd round(the earliest I'd take him).

7. TheRamsFan

TheRamsFan Camp Fodder

Hi guys, question coming from a Rams fan...On our forum (a Rams forum) we're doing a mock draft among our posters there. I was assigned the Titans. Since you have much more knowledge of the needs of the Titans and what type of players Munchak and your FO go for, I was wondering who you think the Titans will go for and you think they need?

I appreciate your responses.

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

If you look at our starting roster right now the only true hole in the roster is either a starting center or guard. We have Velasco as a restricted FA with a 2nd rnd tender placed on him. He can play either guard or center. So that is why we could use either.

On defense we lost Marks who was a starting DT for us, but we have signed Hill to take his place. Both our starting CBs are back, but we need depth and Verner is truely best suited for the slot. At DE we have Morgan and Wimbley, both did ok last year, but we have no depth behind them besides Ayers who sometimes lines up with his hand in the dirt.

If Milliner is on the board at #10 then I think we take him. Next up would be Warmack. If both are gone then you have to look at DT/DE. Personally I love Sheldon Richardson, or one of the speed rushers Mingo, Jones, or Jordan. Ansah scares me with his inexperience. This coaching staff needs to win now so they don't want a project. They want impact.

My top 3 would be Milliner, Warmack, or Richardson...All of them could step in and make a difference from day #1.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm almost certain our first pick will be a CB or Defensive Linemen, thats truly the only hole left to fill. A stud DE/DT or CB, we only have 2 CB's that are worth a damn.

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think they like Sensabaugh's potential. Also Cambell is still the unknown.

It seems to me that the CB FA market has been priced slightly cheaper than yrs past. I wonder if that would help us in terms of negotiating a long term deal with Verner. Although Verner isn't the perfect corner because of his speed. His intelligence, quickness, and sure tackling are attributes that make him worth keeping in my mind.

We do still have a hole on the OL, but I think we use the depth of the draft to fill it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar