What's wrong with the Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

TJ, you know that doesn't mean squat about his DC ability.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Why wouldn't it? He coordinated a major part of a successful defense. He was the position coach for one of the top LB units in the game.

Yet I am to believe that once he took over the DC job and put together back-to-back quality seasons that he is to blame when the team is hit with a ton of injuries in '04 and lose a number of Pro Bowl players in '05?

I give up.

3. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Personally, I think he's a descent Coordinator and I think most of the people on here just look for things to blame. Our D is on a better track this year. They look better and that's plain to see. Our offense is in much much worse shape than the Defense. You guys should be calling for Chows head not Schwartz. It would help if the defense could get a damn break every now and again to catch their breath. Maybe if BV could get a freaking first down and even score on occassion we would have a better chance of winning some games.

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Yep, our defense looks real good.:hmm: Let me take some of you guys on a roadtrip, you've been drinking the water out of the river of De'nyle too long. I can take you to a magical little place where they play defense and hit you in the mouth, I'm sure none of you thought existed, and Schwartzie promised you didn't exist.:gag:

All is copasetic, we will have a great year and lead the league in defense. And tomorrow, we will have world peace! If our defense plays up to par this year, I will eat my words, but WHEN we don't, you guys can EAT ****:grrr:

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Jeff, on the other hand you have to admit the "talent" card doesn't fly either. What talent did we have in 03 that we can't match today? Schulters? Tank? Dyson? Rolle? Kearse? Robaire? Carter?

The following is just my opinion, feel free to post your too:
    Thompson & Hope vs. Schulters & Tank (I call that a wash)
    Pacman vs. Rolle (Rolle is better, but not by much)
    KVB vs. Kearse (KVB is better, but not by much)
    Dyson vs. Hill (Dyson was a little better, but not much)
    Robaire vs. Starks (Robaire is clearly better)
    Carter vs. Odom/Laboy/Schobel (Carter is clearly better)

So basically, in my opinion, we only had a better DE and a better DT than we have today. That can prove the difference between an average and a great defence, but we're not even average.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Schwartz said you can't blitz Manning and be successful.

7. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

If playing up to par is finishing in the top half of the league I'll take any bet you have. If your idea of playing up to par is winning the league than no we're not going to be up to snuff... I said our D looks better and it does. If you can't see that your blind.

8. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Rolle? Kearse? Robaire? Carter... Pretty good start!

Talent wise, who's to say the defense won't be as good as 03'. It is still pre-season and the first string D is still learning to play together. I'll garauntee this. If we only win 4 or 5 games this year it won't be because of our Defense.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Note about three Pro-Bowlers in that list?

We've not played a game that counts yet in '06 so there is no way to know. We can pick this up around mid-October if you want to talk about this season's defense.

My entire point is that '04 was about injuries, '05 was about lost talent/experience. We don't know what '06 brings yet.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Yeah and they've been replaced by people with talent to go to Hawaii as well. And besides the Probowl is a popularity contest, nothing more.

If you want to talk Probowl we have several players on D who could challenge for PB spots: Bulluck, Thornton, KVB, Albert, Pacman and Hope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar