Whats wrong with the forum?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TheSureThing, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Whenever I come here from my home comptuer and click on the forums it freezes everything up and opens adobe reader which takes forever to load. I end up having to restart my computer every time.

And I noticed I can't see how many replies a subject has gotten, as well as errors after I post. Also the bot seems to be going crazy with posting the same thing over and over again or at least it shows up in the recent post therad.

Is gotitans bugged atm or am I the only one experiencing these things?

2. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

We are experiencing problems. It's not just you.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Got a ticket in to the host this morning. Something has either been corrupted or we were hacked. Hopefully, we'll be able to get some answers soon.

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Couldn't be that bad, SureThing... you got that post in, right? ;)

5. TitanJeff

We may have this working again. I see a few glitches but it appears to be up at the moment.

Please continue to report any problems you see.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

is it possible this hack could have given me a trojan?

i'd been having problems with my computer since the site went down, so i did a virus scan and all of a sudden i had a new malware.z and i have no idea on how to get rid of it without spending $50 on a security program.

7. TitanJeff

It's been quite an interesting past 48 hours.

Sometime late Saturday, someone placed a virus on the server. We still don't know how. It added code to every document which has .html on it which means thousands of files were corrupted.

As many of those know who were here Sunday, a window would pop up wanting you to download a file called getfile.php. That was a virus as well. I read reports of some of you freezing up and some strange happenings here on the forum. I hope everyone has good virus protection and was able to keep that from getting to their computers.

By Monday morning, the forum shut down completely. The host spent the day cleaning the server OS of the virus and then we started moving the backup files back to the server. That took most of today.

We kept having issues getting the forum started and the fear was that the database was damaged. If that were to be the case, it would mean reinstalling the server and the forum from scratch. We'd lost all threads, posts, user accounts, etc. if this would have happened. Really bad news.

In a last ditch effort, we decided to update the forum software and it got us back at least for the moment. We may have some glitches to work out. We still may have more work to do on the server, but we'll hopefully be able to keep the forum going.

If you experience anything unusual, post it here. It's good to be back. ;)

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

"Last 5 posts" doesn't seem to be accurate..
    Still, its good to be back!

9. TitanJeff

We still haven't identified what this was but I assume it's possible. For me, I had to manually download the file. Unless you are set to automatically accept files, I don't see how it could be cause.

10. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

Everytime I would open the page my Norton would throw up a trojan warning. But it deleted it every time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar