Whats up with Chris Henry?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

If i were Henry i wouldnt want to sit around aging and getting stiff waiting on White, CJ or Ganther to get hurt just to get my 2nd shot.

He had his chance before and they didnt think enough of him and got CJ , i'd want on another team that needs a starting RB.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Uninjured 2nd round pick who's not suiting up for his entire sophomore season = bust
    Sorry...

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Like I said ... for sure he was a reach.

The coaches must have not liked something in him to draft CJ but coaches can be wrong also. Or maybe it was what they saw in CJ rather ...... IDK. But watching him play he clearly has potential and the tools. All I am saying is I would hope to see him play again for this team rather than see him go and light it up elsewhere. It's a good problem to have with so many capable backs.

Like I said earlier .... i'm torn between wanting to see him play and understanding that with CJ and Lendale in front he may not get that chance. That roster spot may be more valuable .... who knows. If he does go somewhere like Denver I could see him putting up big numbers.

4. smili

smili Starter

Floyd Reese smoked that draft with both Roos and Stewart. also got decent players in B.Jones in 3rd, Fuller in 4th, (Roydell in 5th was really coming on last year before being cut w/ his foot), and Scaife in 6th.

Really top notch drafting imho - especially considering how our first round pick turned out which normally would ruin a draft.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

No way he lights it up anywhere.. The league is full of these Mike Bell/Kenny Watson 3rd string types and he's not even up to par with those guys.
    If he had game he'd be suited up for special teams at the very least..

6. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

I hadn't seen a whole lot of Henry's runs, but his problem seemed to me that, for his great burst, he just had no awareness - he would simply plow into players, not taking advantage of his quick feet and just taking it in one direction. Even in the Broncos system of 'one cut and you're gone', it wouldn't help if you can't even make that first cut.

If he can get around the mental aspect, he could have a chance, but it seems like a moot point since Chris Johnson can do everything physically that Henry could better, plus a myriad of other things that Henry hasn't seemed capable of. Like I said once before with regards the Colts hit; I have never seen anyone just slow down in the face of impact like that - it's like he didn't understand what the result would be. Very troubling.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Henry is a workout monster. But he runs like those old Playskool toy trains that run forward until they hit something, then backup and randomly change directions and run straight ahead again.

He has no vision. That was his knock in college also.

Get over it. He is a bust pick for a second round AND he was a HUGE reach. It was a "pet" pick by RB coach Williams (now w/ Redskins) if I remember correctly.

8. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Last week, Matthew Berry (ESPN FF analyst) had Chris Henry as one of his week 13 pick-ups. Said he would see some carries since the game with the Lions would get out of hand quickly. Just one of the many reasons I don't listen to Matthew Berry.:gag:

9. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

thats kinda funny

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

It would have been nice to see though, especially to rest CJs legs. Kinda like getting VY in there, let them taste the field again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar