What's up for LP Field?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Dec 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That field is annoying on the sideline. Why is it there?

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I asked that question after Jets week, but I guess no one knows or has heard any reasons. I'm sure in the Jets game JMac tip toed on the wrong freakin line to try and stay in bounds.

Looks like the field hasn't been as much of a mud bowl this year, but we replace that short coming with an odd painted field.

3. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

My guess is that they are preparing for the playoffs field paint and stuff...

4. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

LP re-sods the field late in the season between the hashes usually...for some reason, there is a random new strip of sod coming out of the home tunnel and down the home sideline....

i don't know why they decided to put a strip of sod right there, because it looks tacky and seems confusing for everybody...i figure it has something to do with maybe a TSU game in the rain or something where they tore up the field....

5. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

That was my assumption as well. Someone asked about it on the post-game show this afternoon, and the answer was that certain sections had been resodded. I don't know why they couldn't spray paint it to match a little better.

It'll be interesting to see how it holds up after the Music City Bowl when we host playoff game(s).

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Wonder if they will get the lights and scoreboard fixed by then? :grrhee:

Seriously isn't LP a building/construction company... this is real good advertising... a stadium with a messed up field and non-functioning scoreboard and lights.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The good news is the field in Tampa Bay ought to be pristine.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

they had to replace that turf because Johnson tore it up.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

A friend of a friend who works with the Titans said their sod supplier was out of stock and we had to get a new strip from a different company. I'd say they lost a pretty good account with that goof.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I don't know, the field has been way better than in the past. I hope they don't go back to the old supplier. Remember how bad it used to be?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar