Whats the word on Limas Sweed?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titan_fan_4ever, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

1. No he is not slow he has never been slow I have never seen him caught from behind.

2. yes I agree he doesn't get lots of YACs I'm not sure why but he is poor at after the catch yards.

3. 1 injury in 4 years at Texas does not make him injury prone.

Two of your reasons you don't like him are pure BS.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

re-inuring it twice is a cause for concern.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Another thing about sweed, is that maybe he is fast on the track, but he never seems to get any separation when you watch any of his highlights. Every catch is with someone on his back. And many times he uses his hands to shield them off. You can't do that in the NFL, or they'll call O-interference every time.
    With a not-so-accurate qb, we need a guy that can get open. Throwing prayers in to coverage doesn't work.

4. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Or it just means he was trying to come back too soon

5. Deuce Wayne

but didnt he miss most the year then re-injure it while not even playing?
    Sounds a bit fragile.

6. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

You might be too young to have seen him but Michael Irvin made a living out of creating separation like that. if you think that is the only way he can get separation then you haven't seen too many highlights of him. Also keep in mind that he played in the Big 12 and there are a ton of great DBs in that conference more so than the Big 10 where two of the top receivers come from. If anything the 40 times proves just how slow the Dbs are in that conference since Manningham in his highlights looks so fast.

7. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

anytime you have a limb in a cast and then get it out there is a going to be brittle. If anything he showed bad judgment in attempting to do things with his arm before he should have.

I have yet to see any real concern among scouts about him being too frail.

8. Torch7

Torch7 Camp Fodder

Limas has never really been considered slow, he has a deceptive stride, that does alot that allows him to get behind DB's, if you watch the video, people lose track of him, and take bad angles, his last full season, he averaged 17.4 yards a catch which is better than all the top receivers in question, and if you look at his highlights, he is constantly slowing down and having to adjust to underthrown passes, I think that's a huge issue with YAC.

Another thing to consider is the way Texas used Sweed, He was often used on routes to move the sticks, because of his size.

As far as his injury goes, he had surgery, and tried to return before he had full motion of his wrist, it got grabbed twice. It wasn't as much of a re-injury as it was aggrevation.

If anyone has ever had a wrist of finger injury, I have had both, you know you could injure it opening a door, not to mention trying to get back to a sport before its time.

9. Deuce Wayne

Actually, in his highlights he's never gets great separation:
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S8UQ2cZuHxw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S8UQ2cZuHxw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Wont work in the nfl. Unless he's got a qb with laser precision. I don't dislike the guy. I think he's worth a 2nd round pick, but he's definitely not round 1 talent. You can't take a gamble like that on a guy that can't even get respectable numbers in college.

10. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

I actually thought he showed a lot of speed, great hands/body control and good separation in that clip--granted it was a highlight real, but I don't think it proved your point...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar