Whats the word on Limas Sweed?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titan_fan_4ever, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I never said that, I just said you can't go solely by college production, just like you can't go solely by workouts, it all factors in.

2. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Gloats just one of those guys who will argue what he believed in the first place no matter what happens. Sweed's stock shot way up this week, some are even saying probably a top 15 pick. But none of this matters because he thought he was slow and had no hands, yet every expert says he has good speed with probably the best hands in the draft.

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Limas stayed in the first round with his workout this week, he did the anti Dwayne Jarrett. Many people felt he would run slow, and he would just be another big-bodied WR, he at least showed that he has some top end speed, but whether he can come out of cuts quickly remains to be seen. Bigger question is do we take Malcolm Kelly now that he is certain to fall big time, possibly out of the first 35 picks?

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I like James Hardy in the 2nd. I don't know what his 40 time was, but who cares. He is 6'6" 220 and timed out very well in acceleration/agility/jumping drills (for his size). He set school records at Indiana, not exactly a potent offense. I've admittedly only seen him play once, but I liked what I saw. If he can just put on 10 lbs, I think he can be a very nice player in the league.

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

So I just found that James hardy ran a 4.47 40 at the combine. Pretty darn fast for 6'6". Why does it seem like I'm the only one that likes this guy? Is he like an ex-con or something?

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I love James Hardy as our 1st pick. I think James Hardy is going to be a stud WR in this league. He reminds me or Burress in build and talent. Hardy is 6'5 220 lbs. and has 4.47 speed and timed well in agility and quickness drills which means he's not just a long strider and he can cut and burst. He has above average hands, he dropped a few catchable balls but it's not a problem and with his size, speed, and hops VY shouldn't have trouble finding this guy.

The other guy I would want is Devin Thomas of MSU in round 2. Those are my favorite 2 WR's in this years draft. Thomas may be called a one year wonder or it was the fact that the coach a year ago I forget his name is an idiot. A new coach with some brains saw what he could do and wow what a difference. He's big, fast, and physical and the only negative I keep hearing is one year wonder...which I disagree with he might be gone or even warrant a 1st soon though the way he's climbing.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Titans need an all around guy. I think Sweed is probaly the best pick at that position.

8. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

All draft picks are a gamble...Sweed could be the Johnson of last year, looking at his combine times he could be...or he could be a Mike Williams...someone who never lived up to potential(well yet)...by the way is he still signed with us?

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I never commented on his hands. He's just slow. Maybe he has the opposite of "game speed" where he's slower on the field than on the track.
    What I have said is:
    He's slow. He's done nothing. He's mediocre after the catch. He's not a gamebreaker. He's injury prone.

10. Smart***Titan

Smart***Titan Camp Fodder

Hardy

James Hardy has some fairly significant character issues. He was arrested for domestic battery and was also suspended for 2 games after a confrontation with a coach. Supposedly he has "learned from his mistakes", but what else is going to say... "I probably won't beat my girlfriend until after the draft"? In the post Pacman era, I think the Titans are going to steer away from anyone with character issues, especially first day picks.

I do, however, think Hardy is going to be a good receiver. If you go back and watch game tape of Sweed and Hardy, Sweed does not get very good separation from corners, Hardy does. (And yes I know what their 40 times were). Some may point out the difference in competition, big 12 vs big 10 which is a reasonable argument. Looking at a lot of Sweed's big plays, he's just wide open or breaks a tackle. There's nothing wrong with breaking tackles, but I just think Sweed is going to have a tougher time getting open in the NFL (obviously, but you know what I mean).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar