Whats the word on Limas Sweed?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titan_fan_4ever, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm with you guys on speed. Which is a main reason I'm against Sweed. Manningham or Desean. Either of those guys in the slot next year would do wonders. Especially if we got someone like Berrian or Stallworth opposite of Gage. That'd be a solid/versatile group of receivers.

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Give me James Hardy or Adarius Bowman at our pick. I love Manningham because he is the most polished WR right now....he's a great route runner, soft hands, and has the speed ad burst to take it to the house I compare him to Harrison because they are similar size and both great at the little things of being a WR.

But right now we need a big WR thats fast, physical blocking and recieving, and sure handed. Say what you want about Bowman's Senior Bowl but goo back and look at his career and season one week means nothing. He's huge at 6'4-possibly 6'5 and about 220 lbs. He has speed and the hands to make VY look very good until VY fully matures into a quality passer.

I'm also a big James Hardy fan. He made the future 1st round pick (haha) Justin King look like a high school CB trying to stick with Moss. I'm a PSU fan so I saw every catch, he made King look way overrated. He destroyed him I think he had like 14 catches and like 2 tds or something absurd. He's even bigger than Bowman at 6'7 220 give or take a few and has enough speed to stretch the field think Burress type speed with great jumping ability and solid hands. He could be our own Plaxico and would be a force at his size with VY.

Could you imagine going Hardy and Bennett rounds 1 and 2. Wow two 6'7 monster running routes, what can you do about that.

3. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I think we need to go with the receiver who can do the most for us now, not based on potential. We have had to many receivers drafted over the last few years based on potential and for some reason none of them have lived up to that potential yet. I'm not sure who's the most nfl-ready right now but we should find out in the next few weeks.

4. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Ask Jacksonville. Reggie Williams and Matt Jones fit that bill.

5. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I would much rather imagine trading pacman to the cowboys for one of their 1st round picks and drafting Jamal Charles and Mario Manningham in the 1st and then taking Bennett in the 2nd.

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

"Imagine" being the operative word. Pacman is not going to fetch anything like a 1st round pick in compensation. He is damaged goods.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

jerry jones MIGHT be crazy enough to do it.

8. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Thats why I chose the cowboys, they have 2 1st round picks and Jerry Jones calling the shots.

9. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

For those who didn't want to draft Limus Sweed

I think you got your wish today.

His combine numbers today probably put his draft stock well above where we are drafting in the 1st round.

2nd best Verticle leap among receivers with 35 in.
    40 time of 4.46

I personally didn't think he had those type of numbers in him but as the draft sits now no way he drops below the Cowboys 1st pick.

10. Ctex

Ctex Guest

Speed

Hey Gloat just watched it live. Limas posted a 4.46 and 4.53 in the forty. Not so slow after all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar