What's the QB situation for 2010 ?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Dec 31, 2009.

?
  1. Vince Young

91 vote(s)
    82.7%
  2. let Young walk

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. draft rookie to start

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. sign vet to start

3 vote(s)
    2.7%
  5. draft rookie to backup

26 vote(s)
    23.6%
  6. sign backup to backup

20 vote(s)
    18.2%
  7. re-work Collins to start

3 vote(s)
    2.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

so far VY threw a bomb with 9 men in the box, to the one WR on the field that was double covered. and he underthrew a 4 yard screen pass.... these are things that a normal QB wouldnt do

please closely watch VY. especially his short to mid range passing. its not very good, still.

he has improved tho...

2. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

8 of 21 and 89 yards passing and 2 interceptions. In a game we had to have. Vs a good team. he has shown time and time again he can not win the big games...not only can he not win them, he absolutely lays a complete egg when it matters.

In the 2007 playoff game he was 16 of 29 for 138 yards and an INT.
    2007 regular season vs Chargers: 13/21 for 121 yards and 2 INT's

Against good defenses, in games that matter, he is one of the worst QB;s in the league. His stats do not lie. I know, I know...we just need to give him time. After his next contract expires we'll be 10 years into this little 'experiment' with no playoff wins. Just be prepared is all I ask...it's going to be a long start to the new decade if the keys to the car are handed over to this guy.

3. eric

eric Camp Fodder

Nate,

You're just cherry picking.

Against 10-6 Arizona this year he threw for 387 yards, a TD, and no pics.

Against the Super Bowl winning Colts in '06 he accounted for over 240 yards and 2 TDs in leading a comeback win.

Even in the loss vs Indy this year he accounted for over 250 yards and 2 TDs (despite a drop by Nate on long pass in the first half that would have added 60 yards and a TD to Vince's stats and possibly changed the outcome of the game).

4. Finnerception

Finnerception Camp Fodder

If our WRs didnt have a case of the drops and vince didnt get a chance to play I would say that young would have been cut in the offseason. However, Vince has improved enough to warrent keeping him. This being said his passing is still suspect and he still makes a few mistakes a game but its gotten a lot better. Id say vince is about a middle of the pack starter, he might win you some games but he might lose some for you.

5. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

People forget that McNair after his 4th year wasn't much better. The Oilers got Warren Moon when he in his 6th season as a pro. I like the progress he has made, but more importantly I like the chemistry he has with Chris Johnson and Kenny Britt. Give this trio some time together and you will see some playoff wins. Right now we need to fix our defense and get a little better on the interior of the oline.

This coming draft I would look at DT, CB, and G/C in my top 3 picks.

BTW so far Reinfeldt has been absolute money with his draft picks. He has 3 1st round picks and two of the 3 are now pro bowlers and the third might be very soon.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Have you seen the lineup of teams we play next year? No way we go 12-4. 10-6 would be a miracle.

7. amy

amy Starter

got to agree; I can't describe what it looked like, but I've seen high school kids throw that kind better.

8. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

The situation is currently as follows:

Vince Young

that is all

9. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

i dont really think you know the situation, cuz until you realize the situation, then were gunna have a situation here. if you know what i mean

10. amy

amy Starter

I don't think you can lay the blame all on Vince for the losses in the big games. The Titans have, over the years, a habit of dropping the ball, literally and figuratively, when playing for the marbles. My own opinion is that they pick up on whatever mental vibes and mindset the coaching staff is sending out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar