What's the one/main thing that gives you hope for the future?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Ayers and brown.. Just a bit..

Tailgates..

That's about it. THANK GOD hockey is back!! Go preds. Finally a team I can have a bit of excitement about.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

What are you even talking about? I never said anything about Bud interfering with anything.
    ?????

By "we'd be better off" I simply meant that he makes crap hires/decisions. I made no mention of him meddling or being cheap.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I don't see any scenario where the team moves in the remotely near future. But you're right that we could get an owner who only cares about the bottom line. Although some would argue we already have one. I personally fall somewhere in between. I think he definitely WANTS to win. But I also think he's been complacent at times and has been blinded by the financial success of the team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

True. I was just hitting a lot of the major criticisms that are thrown against Bud.

So by bad hires you mean Floyd Reese, Reinfeldt, Webster, Fisher, and Munch? And Vince Young.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

It's honestly more his decison-making than it is necessarily his hires. He's made some good hires along the way. Sure, I believe Munch was an awful hire. And I believe Reinfeldt was a bad hire. And obviously VY goes without saying. But Fisher? As much as I hated him in the end, Fisher was a good coach. And thus, a good hire. We had 3 legitimate shots at a SB under Fishhead. Just couldn't finish the job.

But that said, Bud held onto Fisher a few years too long. And then when we FINALLY part ways, Bud hires a Fisher crony who is absolutely unqualified for the position. Two years into his tenure we have what I consider to be our worst season ever (I know we've had two worse seasons from a W/L standpoint. But we weren't getting routinely blown out in those years as we did in 2012). So naturally Bud decides to stay the course and keep Munch around.

Like I said earlier, I appreciate Bud for many different reasons. But IMO his desperation has become apparent in his (very) old age. And it's become detrimental to the greater good of the organization. He realizes every day he gets at this point is a blessing and he's hesitant to "start over" as he simply doesn't have enough time on the clock to be patient. Hence, rolling with Fisher for 16 years and now sticking it out with Munchak, despite all indications being that he's in over his head.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

To add, I believe Bud is putting his own selfish desires ahead of what's actually best for the organization and the fans. Which is totally his right as the owner of the organization. But it's also my right as a fan to not be happy about it and be ready for a change in leadership.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

At this stage, the team goes to his grandson when Bud passes away. I honestly have no idea what, if any, level of interest he has in the team. But I do know he does/did work for the team.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I had a massive brain fart before and thought his grandson was named Adam...it occurred to me...an hour later mind you...his name would be Adam Adams.

10. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

My main hope is that we have Gunny as a fan and none of the other teams do.

A man that represents all things manly, being the product of a one night romantic encounter between Crocodile Dundee and Steve Irwin. Since neither one would confess as to who actually gave birth, they pinned 20 bucks to him, dropped him in a kangaroos pouch and wished him the best of luck. Hoping to keep his identity as their love child a secret. He was raised in the outback by a wild group of "roos" doing all sorts of manly things that most of us could only dream of. By age 2 he had already wrestled and killed a 35 foot croc by himself. He was eventually discovered by a group of aborigines who took him in as one of their own. He learned to shoot darts out of tubes (like in the movie) and use a boomerang thingy and club baby koalas.....

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar