What's the deal with Young?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Yes I saw that & it was great to see.

2. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

You just actually gave me a scary premanition......Titans Superbowl 42...KMFC goes down in the 4th qtr with minutes to go....Titans needing the TD for the win.....could VY put on a Championship performance on the grandest stage of all??? And would we throw away all of VY's mistakes the past year if he got us that ring?

3. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Yes. :notworth::trophy:

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

A ring fixes everything.

It was good to seem him emotionally involved with his teammates yesterday though.

5. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Dude...maybe you should remain quiet.
    Enough with the BS...

I'm confused. Didn't the newbie attack first with this post?

btw, whats with the "I've been trying to keep quiet" BS...
    Unless you're forum owner or chief mod or someone with a reputation for making posts worth reading, that statement is pointless. Who are you anyway for anyone to expect you to "this is where I have to say something."?? You've been here since 05 and I don't ever remember reading anything from you worth recognizing you.

Have you been keeping count searching for the "stupidest argument in the history of message boards."?? So what do I win? a cookie?

Excuse me, but I really don't like it when newbies come in here calling me 'ignorant' and blindly attack left and right. These kind of posters are normally short lived on any forum they visit.

^ Really silly. Perhaps its Vince.

Wooah...wait a moment.. didn't you also stereotype by labeling me as "one of the people who never liked Vince"? I thought you read every post searching for the "stupidest argument in the history of message boards".. If that was so, you would have known that I'm not a Vince Hater but hate how Vince has been selfishly hurting us. I supported him when we we're winning, and stopped doing so when he started favoring his big ego over the overall success of the team, and now I'm preferring he is no longer a Titan as he clearly isn't helping us win games this season, and is eating up a big part of the salary cap.

I could go on and on with you, but honestly sharing posts with you is a waste of time. Plus I'm trying the best I can to avoid crossing the line.

Attack back when you gain some rep on this board.

6. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I'm so confused as to when he has shown his "big ego". He has been benched and you haven't heard him complain to the media. He understands his role now and accepts it and seems to be doing the part. He was the first one celebrating with the team yesterday on almost every play. If our team was doing bad this year then I could see how you would be upset with him. So far since he got here we've gone 8-8, 10-6, and now 10-0. I wouldn't say he's been hurting us at all.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. DJB

DJB Starter

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 9
  8. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

You will have to excuse me because I quoted your post but stereotyping you as a "Vince hater" was not my intention and I should have been more clear when I wrote.

The reason I said "this where I have to say something" is because I had been reading the thread and holding my tongue, because there was a lot in here that seemed more like a bash fest. I was not trying to make it sound like I have authority or reputation or whatever. It was a physical statement. I wasn't even going to post until I read your post absolutely ripping Cayal. I thought that was unnecessary and I felt like several people were jumping on him for defending Vince. There was no blind left or right attacks by Cayal in this thread. He was not right for the "ignorance of this board" comment, but that did not warrrant your attack. That is just my opinion, so I said something. I don't like seeing somebody get jumped on like that, and other than the one comment I thought his arguments were fair. And through all of the boards I've been a member of, there is always somebody who will disregard another's post because of when they joined or how many posts they have. I think that is a silly argument, and I exaggerated when I pointed that out.

I may have overreacted with my post, I'm willing to admit that. Your post made me angry and I wrote while angry. But my post was no further out of line than yours ripping Cayal was. I still contend that was unnecessary.

I do not care if you have ever read anything I've posted. I do not care what you think about my reputation. None of that makes either of us either more right or wrong. This isn't an attack, it's an explanation of my position. And if you feel as if a conversation between us is a waste of time, that's your decision.

9. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

Memories of Macon are of a HORRIBLE stench coming from the paper mills!:lol:

10. halt

halt Starter

Not to beat a dead horse, but the question regarding the use of communications from sideline to players is intriguing. After googling the question, this is what I found out. There is an NFL coach to quarter back communication operator, as there is a NFL game clock operator, and a play clock operator. Each team is allowed one defensive player or one offensive player with radio communications to the sideline on the field at any time. If a second QB came onto the field for some reason in addition to the regular QB, the second QB would have to wear an alternate helmet. As the play clock counts down, the coach to QB communication operator cuts off the radios of both def and off with 15 seconds remaining on the play clock. After the play is over, and the play clock begins again, the radio is switched back on, until there remains 15 seconds. The frequencies for the team radios are assigned by the NFL, and the teams have no control over the frequencies used. Although I could not find anything specifically stating no other devices were prohibited, it was stated that if a third string QB came into play during the fourth quarter, he would do so without any radio equipped helmet.

It was alleged that one of the things Bellichick was doing, was using his own radio frequencies and bypassing the control of the NFL.

Giving all these controls, I doubt seriously if there would be a listening device using ear buds, the type of which I have seen VY using, allowed by the NFL on the sidelines.

All this said, I must say that I saw VY more engaged, and involved in the Jags game with the other players, and QB's than I have seen him at any of the home games. And that was a very good thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar