What's our pitch to Andy Levitre?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodgev

rodgev Starter

Imagine Jake calling the wrong play or protection and Barrett Jones belting him on the field.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Levitre had a season grade as a run blocker of -3.9 may appear a little disappointing, but it is worth noting that until injuries to others disrupted his season, his grade as a run blocker was +4.9. Once his entire OL went to crap and he had to pickup up multiple blitzers, that's when he got bad. Hopefully w/ Roos & Velasco next to him, he'll be more than OK.

He's allowed 35 total pressures the last two years. He's not just a good pass protectors, he's an elite pass protecter, who's an average run blocker.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. titanbaknedkly

titanbaknedkly Starter

Exactly. He is average at best at run blocking. Our pass blocking was not the issue it was run blocking. Our QB doesn't need elite pass protection. He would make him into an average pass protector because he would hold on to the ball and not even pick up blitzes anyway.

Picking up Moore would give us an above average pass blocker and great run blocker. Couple that with Warford in the second an resigning Velasco should fix the OL and get us back to a team that can pound the ball. If Moore can turn out those kinds of grades with Sanchez then he is elite.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I had never considered that. Great point. I've heard some good things about Warford but don't know much about Moore.

5. titanbaknedkly

titanbaknedkly Starter

He is the guy that provided the butt for Sanchez's butt fumble. Here is what PFF says:
    2012 Grade: +21.3
    2012 Snaps: 1,087
    Summary: Don’t let one of the league’s most infamous fumbles, which happened to involve Moore’s buttocks, distort your view. He was one of the best interior linemen in the league and part of a New York Jets offensive line that surprisingly ranked near the top of the league. His +21.3 grade ranked fourth among guards, and, as Moore mentioned to our own Sam Monson, his goal was to finish the season on a strong note — which he did with nine straight positive grades to top off 2012.
    Success is nothing new for Moore who has now posted a positive grade every year since PFF’s inception in 2008. His +12.8 run blocking grade will be attractive to any team looking to move the ball on the ground, though he’s also more than capable in pass protection. He graded at +5.6 as a pass blocker with a Pass Blocking Efficiency (PBE) of 97.2 that ranked 18th among all guards. Moore’s all-around game has him as our top interior lineman heading into free agency.

6. xpmar9x

Problem with Moore is he'll be 33 by the start of the season.

7. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

BINGO!....but honestly either Moore or Levitre would be a huge upgrade for this team AS LONG AS WE DRAFT WARMACK!!!

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I could definitely see Jake goofing up a call, but that's not why Jones went after McCarron.

That guy was spanking his butt screaming at him, he was asking for a nice shove.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

If it was VY then I assume he would start crying if Jones hits him.

10. xpmar9x

Honestly, I could see us resigning Velasco & using our 1st on Warmack or Cooper - then leave Hutchinson at guard. I'm against it because Hutch is like 62 and had a terrible year, but I don't think he's ready to retire and Munch has to much respect for him to bench/cut him.

So if we went Warmack/Cooper Rd 1 & a G/C in the 3rd (Warford, Barrett, or Frederick could fall) and resigned Velasco.. would you be mad?

Roos - Hutch/3rd - Velasco - 1st - Stewart

Plus, maybe we could spend the extra money on a starting CB or someone like Greg Jennings?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar