What's our pitch to Andy Levitre?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The only names that matter are Harris and Amano, as long as neither of those two names show up on my screen, we'll be fine.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I would like to use us take 2 in FA. Levitre and an older guy who we can get short term. Take the OG in the second. There are lots of good OGs in FA this year. Use the first on the DL.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Exactly, people are starting to think he's a bad run blocker... this isn't true. He's a good run blocker, just not great.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

I think we take the center from bama in the 2nd

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. xpmar9x

I'm starting to edge towards a 1st round trade back and taking Cooper. His blocking style matches our scheme better. Warmack is still a monster though and i'd have ZERO issues with taking him #10. But, if we could trade back, pickup an addt'l 3rd AND get Cooper - i'd cry.

6. xpmar9x

Barretts actually falling on mocks, which surprised me. I've seen him in the late 3rd, I bet we hold off... it's possible our early 3rd could land him.

7. The Hammer

Injury concerns?

8. JCBRAVE

Or QB concerns. He tried hitting (punching) his QB in the National Title game LOL

9. The Hammer

Yeah, he was asking for it

10. titanbaknedkly

titanbaknedkly Starter

I really don't want Levitre anymore. He is not even a good run blocker, average at best. He graded out with PFF negatively for run blocking last year. He graded out as a top pass protector but they even said that may be due to the Bills quick short passing offense. We are not at a position at the moment to go after top rated pass protectors yet.

I would much rather go with Moore from the Jets on a 2-3 year contract at guard (graded positively as a top run blocker and also graded positively as an above average pass protector.) He will also be cheaper than Levitre. Sign him and draft a LG in round 3-4 or go after the Pats backup in Donald Thomas (play L or R OG) and go with Warford in the 2nd (or OG rd 3-4).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar