What would you give the Bronco's for Jay Cutler?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Nothing

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He doesn't fit our style of offense... although Dinger did some coaching with him and is probably fond of him.

I wouldn't give anything up for him.

We need a QB who can manage a game and not turn the ball over (like Kerry Collins has done). Cutler can make bigger plays, but he will also throw more interceptions. After Collins retires, I would obviously love to have Mr. Cutler on the team. But that chance won't come.

For the record... Jay really needs to get over the whole trade issue. Sure the Broncos organization handled the situation poorly, but this is the NFL... trade talks go on much more than players realize. That's part of the game and Jay needs to learn to deal with it. He and Josh McDaniels are supposedly meeting (1 on 1) sometime next week.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i'd give up a first if brandon marshall comes with him. if no marshall, maybe a sack of potatoes.

4. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Vince Young, a #2, and Woolfolks Uncle

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Cutler obviously still has some room to grow as a QB. I think sometimes people forget the guy has only been a starter for two full years and only started 5 games his rookie year. I'd also think Cutler could benefit playing on a team with a better defense where he isn't forced to play catchup all the time. Having to throw for 4500 yards isn't neccesarily a blessing if you are looking at winning football games. Are any of you guys aware that with all the great years Manning has had in his career he has only thrown for over 4500 yards one time? Manning hasn't once in his career had to throw the ball over 600 times in a season like Cutler did. In the right system on the right team with the right coaching Cutler is a super star in the making.

Also, I know some of you occasionally partake of alcohol and various pills that can distort your thinking but let me make this clear...

1. No way in hell Denver wants VY.
    2. No way in hell would we make a deal for Cutler and keep VY to compete with him.
    3. No way in hell would Cutler come here and compete with Collins for the starting job.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Brian Brian Brian...

You know whenever you use Woolfolk's name that Woolfolk's Uncle finds it in a search and because he sees Woolfolk being used he responds with ridiculous comments about Andre Woolfolk. We should cease using Andre Woolfolk's name for fear that using the name Woolfolk could entice one of Andre Woolfolk's relatives to come here and argue. Don't use the name of Woolfolk anymore....

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

A syringe of insulin.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

What would I give the Broncos for Cutler?

[​IMG]

9. Brian

Brian Big Fan

"Wait until camp"

:ha:

10. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

We will not trade for another starting QB as long as we have hope for VY. Some may have never had any hope or lost it, but our FO and coaches obviously still feel VY is the future.

VY won't get an extension unless he shows a lot of improvement and that he can handle a full season.

I wouldn't be surprised if we sign Cutler once his contract is up; if VY does not pan out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar