What would you do if Jevon Ringer blows CJ out of the water?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Apr 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

That's how big my friend is and he is going to be Mississippi State's kicker. :ha:

2. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

i'm 5'9 203... does that mean i'm better than CJ now?

3. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

Yeah I didn't realize Slaton was that little. That's pretty small for a RB. Him and Ringer are exactly the same size though.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Why are people responding to the total crap that jessestylex posts?

Let's all just ignore him. It doesn't seem like constantly pointing out the stupidity of the stuff he posts is going to make him go away, so let's try a new strategy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

Ringer will not be better than CJ, but he seems like he has a pretty good burst at the line and good vision. He could bulk up a bit and take Lendale's place after this year I think if he works really hard. Good change of pace back.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

what if Darren Sproles blows LT out of the water ? ? ?

7. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

i'm in the minority but i'm not overly impressed with ringers highlights.

he seems more slippery than powerful. yes i know he's strong as an ox but i'm talking about his running style. but he has amazing feet and balance... they always keep going. he reminds me of a quicker and slightly less bruising travis henry. a solid back that would be a great backup but i don't get overly optimistic about him beating out lendale.

if he does, great. but until we even know his knees are doin good i'm going to temper my enthusiasm.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You're not alone. I wasn't too impressed by the highlights, but his numbers were outstanding.

9. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

5-9 is average size for a RB. 6'0 and up and they are too tall and can't see the holes generally speaking, not always the case though.

10. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

I'm assuming he will be White's replacement after this season. If he can average 3.9 YPC, and get a few goal line TD's, which I'm sure most rookie & 1 year RB's can do, then he will suffice for the reason I presume we drafted him.

And to answer to OP; if he is better, then great! What would be better than a RB that is better than CJ. That would be a hell of a RB tandem!! But I'm just going out on a limb here and saying that he won't be half as good as CJ. It's hard to beat that much speed/ability at the RB position, especially from a guy that is probably only going to get better in CJ!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar