What Would You Consider A Success?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RPD, Sep 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RPD

RPD Starter

Considering all the changes JR has made this off-season, not to mention it's MM second year, what record would the Titans have to finish with for you guys to consider this year a "success"? Would it just be winning the division and a playoff berth? Would you be happy with 8/8, considering how they finished last season?

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

no more than 9 loses and AT LEAST 5 home Ws

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Hmmm, record wise anything above 6 wins should be considered a pretty good year. I think the O will grow up and be one of the more fun ones to watch....I also think other D's will not like to play our O...db's will get really tired of tackling two big/fast backs....the D side has me concerned....one more draft away there....overall I just want a return to the days when other teams really didn't want to play the titans because they knew win or lose they would be beat the hell up.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

If the secondary was showing signs of being stronger, I would say above .500. But this is obviously a work in progress for JRob. Therefore 8-8 I would consider a success.

I think they are much improved offensively and some areas defensively I feel they are as well. Mostly upfront. So I think for this crew it's very doable.

#4 SuperMariota, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Definitely Home wins. 5 OK but 6 would tell me that we've got something going with this team that we haven't had in 6 or 7 years.

6. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I want to say just doubling the wins would show me this team is headed in the right direction, but as horrible as this team was last year they were in a lot of close games. There were at least 3 they let slip away late in the game.

So, I'll say getting to .500 would prove that they're over the hump and learning to win the close games. That's a success...just winning the games that they should win and not letting them slip away.

7. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

People say all the right things, but then reality sets in. When we lose our first game there will be a 20 page thread on why our lousy players didn't win....lol.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 2
  8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yeah.... I am still in beat someone at home not from Jacksonville and I will start to believe....

Last home W against a team that is not the tarpkitties....

29Dec2013

2013 !!!!!

started the season with 2 home Ws then lost 5 in a row. Titans are 3-19 last 22 home games.... 3-19!

that is Mularkey awful

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'll just be happy if our season is still going come thanksgiving

Holidays would be a lot nicer if the a titans weren't sucking

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

A success would be 9 or more wins this year. I believe the Titans will steal a couple of games this year

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar